Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 1.x for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-23, 20:54)Bento Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-23, 20:01)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-23, 19:25)Bento Wrote: [ -> ]Also. Is it possible to turn off the plot/summary etc. in the bottom of the screen when skipping/seeking through a movie? I find it quite annoying because I can't read subtitles for a few seconds when I skip the video 30 seconds for example.

My assumption is that if someone is skipping forward, they won't be interested in trying to read the subtitles. For now, best option might be to move the subtitles above the osd using the video calibration screen.

No way to remove that overlay in some XML file? I don't need to re-read the plot when skipping forward as I know what I'm watching Tongue

The file you're looking for is DialogSeekBar.xml. Remove or comment out the controls you don't want to see and then adjust the background image height/position as needed.
Cheers!
I've been adjusting the view animations and overlays, now available on git. Also added a wall view after seeing the work by phil65 and BigNoid. This ones a little different though, and only for movies and tv shows at the moment. Might add music, though the square thumbs don't fit as nicely into a 1920x1080 window.

Edit: Updated again to add the wall view for artists and albums.
Ho, Ho, Ho!

First I have to say how much I appreciate the skin. It is just what I was looking for, Aeon Nox style but more subtle and adult.

IMO to make it perfect it would be great to have option to adjust home screen background images more transparent (decrease opaque?). Now they are faded according to color setting.

Or is it possible even now? I have custom background images, but they are just plain blue. Would be great to have them in full color, but retain the theme in other areas.

Also, the wall view for movies seems gorgeous! Does it include a info text when you scroll the movies? I saw that in one skin, would be great addition to this too!

And thank you again!
(2014-12-23, 23:27)Unlife Wrote: [ -> ]Ho, Ho, Ho!

First I have to say how much I appreciate the skin. It is just what I was looking for, Aeon Nox style but more subtle and adult.

IMO to make it perfect it would be great to have option to adjust home screen background images more transparent (decrease opaque?). Now they are faded according to color setting.

Or is it possible even now? I have custom background images, but they are just plain blue. Would be great to have them in full color, but retain the theme in other areas.

Also, the wall view for movies seems gorgeous! Does it include a info text when you scroll the movies? I saw that in one skin, would be great addition to this too!

And thank you again!

Thanks! There is a skin setting to turn off the home fanart overlay. You can find it in Settings --> Skin settings --> Home window.

The wall view doesn't display any info. If you can show me an example of how this would work, I'll consider adding it.
(2014-12-23, 23:42)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-23, 23:27)Unlife Wrote: [ -> ]Ho, Ho, Ho!

And thank you again!

Thanks! There is a skin setting to turn off the home fanart overlay. You can find it in Settings --> Skin settings --> Home window.

The wall view doesn't display any info. If you can show me an example of how this would work, I'll consider adding it.

How did I miss that, now the skin is perfect for me. Thank you!

The example of full wall view with an info is in Nebula skin. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202711 [4. slide:icons] It moves up or down accordingly, very neat.

However, that wall has way too many movies at once. Imho,6-8x5-6 is the maximum amount on one FullHD screen.

And because I started to make recommendations, I have another proposition too, if its not too much Smile

I love the Aeon Nox episode view. You have something similar, but it could have a bit more like in Aeon Nox version. And it could be implemented in the "parent" TV series folder too, so one could browse series also in episode view, just like in Aeon Nox 4.9.9.9.
(2014-12-23, 23:57)Unlife Wrote: [ -> ]How did I miss that, now the skin is perfect for me. Thank you!

The example of full wall view with an info is in Nebula skin. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202711 [4. slide:icons] It moves up or down accordingly, very neat.

However, that wall has way too many movies at once. Imho,6-8x5-6 is the maximum amount on one FullHD screen.

And because I started to make recommendations, I have another proposition too, if its not too much Smile

I love the Aeon Nox episode view. You have something similar, but it could have a bit more like in Aeon Nox version. And it could be implemented in the "parent" TV series folder too, so one could browse series also in episode view, just like in Aeon Nox 4.9.9.9.

Checked out Nebula, seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of a wall view if half the screen is covered. Will leave as-is for now. In another mod I had the Episode view available for the entire video library. I kind of like how it is just for episodes now though. Just like the similar view I created for songs.
Hi,
Really like the minimal but functional look of this skin. I wondered if anyone could help / advise on how i might create a 'white' theme for it, I used to use the white theme in Aeon Nox 4 but its not in Nox5 and Mimic looks to be perfect.
I know i need to create a white.xml in the colors folder but not sure what each tag refers to. If anyone has time to either create a white version or point me to some help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
(2014-12-24, 02:00)lewis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Really like the minimal but functional look of this skin. I wondered if anyone could help / advise on how i might create a 'white' theme for it, I used to use the white theme in Aeon Nox 4 but its not in Nox5 and Mimic looks to be perfect.
I know i need to create a white.xml in the colors folder but not sure what each tag refers to. If anyone has time to either create a white version or point me to some help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I tried doing a white theme a couple of times, but was never happy with the result. Easiest way is to make a copy of one of the existing themes. Then flip the colors for the black and white color tags. Then it's a matter of trial and error to get the other colors how you want. You'll also need to replace some of the default textures to make it work. So you'll end up with a theme folder, not just a color xml.

I just cleaned up the color xmls and removed 4 colors that are no longer used.

If anyone creates one that looks good, I'll be happy to add it to the skin.
(2014-12-24, 02:13)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

I tried doing a white theme a couple of times, but was never happy with the result. Easiest way is to make a copy of one of the existing themes. Then flip the colors for the black and white color tags. Then it's a matter of trial and error to get the other colors how you want. You'll also need to replace some of the default textures to make it work. So you'll end up with a theme folder, not just a color xml.

Thanks for getting back so quick, I think we have reached my capability levels very quicky so if you couldnt make a theme that worked in white i dont think i would stand a chance, however will keep an eye on the thread and see if someone else gets anywhere, keep up the great work
(2014-12-24, 02:13)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

When you update the git, does it propagate the skin inside xbmc? In other words if I uninstall and reinstall the skin from the settings section, will it pull the newest updates? Or do I need to manually install the skin from the git repo?
Wow this is really a great skin. It combines elements that I like from both skins, the navigation of Nox and the looks of Refocus. Awesome work. Only question I have is, is it possible to automatically show the widgets? There is so much space available on screen it seems almost like a waste to not show the widget on navigating to a menu item.
(2014-12-24, 14:19)Frank-NL Wrote: [ -> ]Wow this is really a great skin. It combines elements that I like from both skins, the navigation of Nox and the looks of Refocus. Awesome work. Only question I have is, is it possible to automatically show the widgets? There is so much space available on screen it seems almost like a waste to not show the widget on navigating to a menu item.

I fill the space using random movie/serie fanart but i agree for the auto show widgets, would be a nice option.
(2014-12-24, 11:40)HeadLearning Wrote: [ -> ]When you update the git, does it propagate the skin inside xbmc? In other words if I uninstall and reinstall the skin from the settings section, will it pull the newest updates? Or do I need to manually install the skin from the git repo?
You'll need to manually install from git or setup a git client to sync the updates for you.

(2014-12-24, 14:19)Frank-NL Wrote: [ -> ]Wow this is really a great skin. It combines elements that I like from both skins, the navigation of Nox and the looks of Refocus. Awesome work. Only question I have is, is it possible to automatically show the widgets? There is so much space available on screen it seems almost like a waste to not show the widget on navigating to a menu item.
I tried that, but was never happy with the transition animations between screens. Especially when switching between a movie widget and a music one. If someone creates a mod that solves this, I'll consider adding it.
Sounds fair enough. Does the lag not happen on Nox? I was using that until my previous post in this topic and I didn't see transition issues. But I must say I didn't use the music section and the Nox widgets are much simpler.

Thanks for your swift reply and merry Christmas Smile