Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to keep videos/music playing when in spmc main menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running spmc 13.3.3 on a new fire tv. Previously I was running Gotham 13.2 on a zotac mag mini pc with windows. I plan on setting up the placeholder app so I can run it from fire tv home screen as an app. Eventually I want to launch directly into it, but that will have to wait till I get the clockwork mod installed, etc...and I already disabled updates and have rooted it.

It works great and so far and have scanned all my music and videos from my synology. However, the one big difference I have noticed is when I am say playing a video, and back out to the xbmc main menu it stops playing my video!

In the past, it would keep playing and let me wander around the menus looking at other stuff to watch, etc. Also, when that happened I had a button on my old media center remote (the '+" button) that would take me back to whatever was playing, in full screen.

How do I fix this?
That's standard in SPMC. To revert to the Kodi way, just copy https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...yboard.xml to /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
Is this xml still valid for the most recent release? When I click the right trackpad button on my logitec keyboard, the video stops... I want it to act like the normal Kodi

Thanks!