Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No TV icon on Home Screen on Kodi 14.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using a Samsung 10.1 Note Tablet with Kodi 14.0 RC2. The Live TV is enabled as is the PVR IPTV Simple.

When signing in to Kodi the PVR can be seen to be loading the TV channels but there is no TV icon appearing on the home screen so cannot use the live TV option.

Is this an error in the program or am I doing something wrong? Makes no difference if I uninstall and reinstall the Live TV and the PVR .
I think Live TV based PVR IPTV Simple is suspended and does not work.
No the Live TV and the PVR IPTV Simple are definitely working on Kodi 14.0. I have them successfully operating on a mac. I can access 1300 channels.

As said the Android Live TV and PVR IPTV Simple are both enabled and you can see the PVR updating the channels when you sign in to Kodi. Problem is that you can't use the Live TV because there is no icon or menu showing on the home screen.
Go into your add-ons under Settings -> Add-ons and make sure IPTV Simple is still enabled. Sometimes the add-on DB that keeps track of what is enabled or disabled gets confused and the default is to turn PVR add-ons off.
As previously stated it makes no difference if you disable then enable either PVR or Live TV including rebooting Kodi.

Interestingly enough if I disable PVR IPTV Simple and enable PVR Demo then the TV and Radio icons do appear on the home screen but don't work. However when IPTV Simple is enabled and Kodi is switched on you get the small window showing the channels being updated.

Whatever the problem is I think it's a small tweak.
I have the exact same problem. Mygica ATV 380 running android 4.4. - Kodi 14.0 helix rc-3. - If I change the skin to rapier from confluence, the Live TV icon appears ; however, the PVR still will not load the channel list.
I've started noticing this as well. Flipping Live TV on/off in settings sometimes fixes it and sometimes it needs Kodi to be restarted. I haven't had time to test this with another PVR add-on to see if it's isolated to just IPTV Simple or not.
Huh I've got the same issue......no icon for live tv on a amlogic m8 box. If anyone has any answers I'll be very grateful for help with this.
Can someone post a log?
In my case the issue seemed to be that my NAS had crashed, which was hosting the playlist file. When I toggled things on/off, nothing was actually happening, but the NAS had rebooted, so it started to work. In other words, my issue was on my end :)

So far, IPTV Simple has worked just great for me.
diable than enable the pvr iptv simple client did the trick for meBlush
I am a complete newbie to this...but...would it have anything to do with your location? I have been watching and reading tutorials all day, but still haven't been able to get the TV tab on my home screen. I'm in Jamaica BTW
(2015-05-02, 21:15)SeanJa Wrote: [ -> ]I am a complete newbie to this...but...would it have anything to do with your location? I have been watching and reading tutorials all day, but still haven't been able to get the TV tab on my home screen. I'm in Jamaica BTW

It has nothing to do with location, because Kodi does not provide TV. We don't give you any video. None. You have to provide that yourself. It doesn't come from us. Kodi is not meant to be used as a way to get free pirated/bootleg TV or movies from the internet.
I'm still lost Sad
(2015-05-03, 08:01)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-02, 21:15)SeanJa Wrote: [ -> ]I am a complete newbie to this...but...would it have anything to do with your location? I have been watching and reading tutorials all day, but still haven't been able to get the TV tab on my home screen. I'm in Jamaica BTW

It has nothing to do with location, because Kodi does not provide TV. We don't give you any video. None. You have to provide that yourself. It doesn't come from us. Kodi is not meant to be used as a way to get free pirated/bootleg TV or movies from the internet.

Wait, if it's not used for free TV then what is it used for? (I'm a newbie as well)
Pages: 1 2