Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please help! XBMC stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to the world of XBMC so please bear with me.

Ok, so I bought my android box (MX2) about a month ago. I have trouble getting anything to show up and my friend suggested it may be because I'm with BT (UK ISP) . I know that by using smart setup it stop access to XBMC so I disabled it and managed to get everything working.

For the past 2 days however I can't get anything to run. On startup it shows that add ons and repositories are being updated but if I try to play anything on ANY add on I get constant "script fail", "unable to play one or more items" or "no stream available". I am the end of my tether. I wondered if my BT settings had reverted so I went on my homehub set up and smart setup is still disabled so I'm stumped.

As an example, I went to my mother's yesterday (she is with Virgin Media) and installed an add on for her, it started straight away. I came home, tried to do it myself and I'm setting script fail message.

The box is running Frodo 12.2 and I would like to update to Gotham *but* a: I don't know if this will actually help to resolve the problem, and, b: I don't know how to update without running the risk of losing my current settings.

I know I may sound a complete idiot to you, but if you have any idea what to do to help could you describe in layman's terms so I can understand to the best of my *non-tech* ability. Please. Thanks

I have uploaded my log but have no idea what any of them mean, hopefully someone out there will Smile Log ID= 367094

Thanks, Donna.
We don't support v12 anymore. You have to update to v13. You just install v13 on top of v12 and all your settings are saved.