Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Undelete movies on HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bear with me I am very new to using Kodi. I tried to scrape my external drive of movies with Confluence skin. As it didn't show as movies in home I thought I had done something wrong and I went back and deleted it thinking I was only deleting the scraped information but obviously I deleted all movies off my hard drive. The question is can I undelete and get all my movies back.
Thanks in advance for any help
If you don't have them in a recycle bin, then the simple answer is no.
(2014-12-09, 18:33)phil49 Wrote: [ -> ]Bear with me I am very new to using Kodi. I tried to scrape my external drive of movies with Confluence skin. As it didn't show as movies in home I thought I had done something wrong and I went back and deleted it thinking I was only deleting the scraped information but obviously I deleted all movies off my hard drive. The question is can I undelete and get all my movies back.
Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Phil,

Free download Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery software, useful in recovering trashed, lost or formatted files and folders from different storage media devices.

http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

Perform complete system scan to check and see if the files can be seen by the software. If so, you can easily recover them using the Recover button located at the bottom.

P.S. on't save anything on the drive or format the drive either. Doing this will permanently overwrite the deleted files and makes it permament non recoverable.
(2016-11-23, 13:03)henri2398 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have not added any new data on your hard drive

I suspect that the OP is quite likely to have written something to the device, given that this thread is two years old...
Aye, beware the new account that necroposts recovery software, video conversion software, itunes copy software, and a few others. They're spambots.

They also sometimes pad their post counts with generic responses like "thanks" or even copy/pasting a post from another poster in the same thread.
Having also done a Google search of the username and reviewed posts on other forums, it is a confirmed spambot and dealt with accordingly...

Thanks Ned.
If mods still have access to the IP address, this is another useful tool: http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/