Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu is born...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes, this is the new incarnation of the Ubuntu-based distro aiming to provide a set-top box look&feel yet retain the flexibility of a full distro underneath and a (streamlined) optional desktop environment with a fully-featured web browser (Chrome).

Please try it and provide feedback on this development build, based on Ubuntu 14.04 32bit!
adjusted the post saying it's the 32bit version (as the filename mentions)
Are there big differences to my updates XBMCbuntu?

Is the XBMC logo while loading changed to KODI now?
>Are there big differences to my updates XBMCbuntu?
this is based on LTS Ubuntu

>Is the XBMC logo while loading changed to KODI now?
yes Smile
hmmm....

sounds interesting Wink

Thank god we have a backup addon i might give it a try today in the evening Smile
I am currently running XBMCBuntu.64bit. Woudl it be possible to apt update to KODIBuntu?
Ah! I see its the 32 bit version.

Will the 64 bit version arrive soon also? Smile
upgrading XBMCbuntu will not bring in the new branding outside of Kodi, and 64 bits may come later, who knows... Wink
(2014-12-12, 13:22)lcapriotti Wrote: [ -> ]upgrading XBMCbuntu will not bring in the new branding outside of Kodi, and 64 bits may come later, who knows... Wink

I hope its coming soon Wink
no feedback on this betas, no partyWink
You can get feedback more than enough but I don't want to go back to 32 bit. Actually my xbmcbuntu with rc3 64 bit is running fine BlushWink
Awesome, thank you have been waiting patiently for this.
I will try it tonight and report back.
+1 for 64bit
Last year, when only 64bit builds where published (with exception on a beta) there were just cries wheres the 32bits builds gone to?

Now its interesting to read the opposite!

A picture speaks 1000 words

@lcapriotti
I created a kodibuntu folder on our mirror for future builds
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/kodibuntu/
I've just installed kodibuntu on an atom based htpc, no issues to report.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5