Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with media sources/sql set up in Kodi RC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently got the amazon fire tv stick. I installed the latest RC and configured all my media sources and everything plays just fine. I then decided to get a bit more adventurous and decided to see whether I can set up mysql to share bookmarks etc in this setup. The setup implemented through advancedsettings.xml(documented in the wiki) etc works great in my mac/windows desktop, but when I push this advancedsettings.xml, the library seems to get setup fine but when it comes to playback kodi cries saying there is no content in the location in question.

I am able to browse into my smb share and play the stuff directly, but just not so in library mode(tv/movies etc). The moment I remove the advancedsettings.xml and let it locally store the db things run just fine. I don't see any issue with network connectivity to mysql either. Is this a known issue? I can gather some logs if needed later on.

Thanks,
Thadiyan
debug log (wiki) needed from the Fire TV stick.
I had the same problem when loading advancedsettings. My problem was I loaded an old advancedsettings that didn't have user name and password to access my server. As soon as I made sure my username and password was included it works great.