Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stop playback before suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
In xbmc 13, TV playback stopped when the system suspense. In Kodi 14rc this behaviour is changed, at least for me it is. Live TV will not stop, and the TV playback will try to continue after the system is resumes. This causes vdpau tot crash, causing a white screen or causes kodi tot crash. Off coarse the crash is a bug in either kodi or the nvidia driver, but I would prefer playback tot stop when the system is goiing tot suspend. Is there an option to do this?

Henk

Edit: i should mention that i run on Ubuntu 14.10 using a local tvheadend installation.
You could use a suspend hook to send the stop command to kodi before suspending.
I could do that, good idea! Is that possible from shell script? I have several scripts allready for e.g. restarting the TV card module.
Yeah, via json-rpc or since you're using Linux you could use kodi-send as its easier to use.
Thanks, xbmc-send works! I put the following file in /etc/pm/sleep.d. This file stops xbmc playback, then stops tvheadend and unloads the firedtv module. On resumt, it restarts firedtv and starts tvheadend.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "${1}" in
  hibernate|suspend)
      sudo xbmc-send --action=Stop
      sudo service tvheadend stop
      sudo modprobe -r firedtv
        ;;
  resume|thaw)
      sudo modprobe firedtv
      progress "Restarting HTS TVHeadend for wakeup..."
      sudo service tvheadend restart
        ;;
  *)
    ;;
esac
File a bug report when it happens instead, I can't reproduce it with my Intel machine (not VDPAU).
(2014-12-11, 20:45)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]You could use a suspend hook to send the stop command to kodi before suspending.

How to do this within Windows 8.1? I’d like to suspend my system with one button press and not to stop playing before I press the suspend button.
On my htpc platform the problem occurs permanently. What do I need to provide you with complete information for debugging?

My system Windows 7 Pro Sp1 on Intel i3 + H67.
Same problem here, on win7 64/bit I3+H67

Playback of video while KODI is going to suspend, ends up crashing Kodi when resuming.

In my scenario sounds continues, but Kodi hangs with "hourglass". I have to kill the process for getting back to desktop.

Same behaviour on 14.2 + 15 Beta1

Any ideas?

Morten
Use event ghost to stop playback or kill kodi before suspend and start it when resuming.