Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New issue with Helix - navigating back to home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am experiencing a new issue with Helix, that isn't present in Gotham.
On my home screen I have custom menus for movies, to distinguish the different types:
PHP Code:
<content>
    <
item id="1">
        <
label>Movies</label>
        <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/movies.xml,return)</onclick>

</item>
    <
item id="2">
        <
label>TV Shows</label>
        <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Video,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>
    </
item>
    <
item id="4">
        <
label>Animated</label>
        <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/animated.xml,return)</onclick>

</item>
    <
item id="5">
        <
label>Documentaries</label>
        <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/docs.xml,return)</onclick>

</item>
</
content
When I go into any of the movies (which you can see are accessed via different video nodes), the "back" navigation to the home screen doesn't work as expected - it's as if Kodi forgets the "return" part of the ActivateWindow command. Randomly (not always, about 70-80% of the time) pressing back doesn't take you to the home screen, instead into the library structure...where you have to press back 2 or 3 times to get to the home screen... This doesn't happen with tv shows, which are accessed directly.

Anyone else seeing this issue or have any idea why it's happening?

--------------------------------
win7 64bit, fresh Helix rc3 profile
Odd. I am able to reproduce. Will check what's going on there and keep you posted.
(2014-12-12, 18:10)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Odd. I am able to reproduce. Will check what's going on there and keep you posted.
Thanks mate!
I just tried to reproduce this by replacing
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
with
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml,return)</onclick>
in Home.xml of Confluence and everything works perfectly fine for me. It takes me into the movies list and when I hit the back key it goes back to the home screen.
Montellese, have you tried a few times to enter the movie list and back? It happens randomly most of the time but not every time...
Mkortstiege seems to be able to reproduce it, so I doubt that it's just on my side.

Also, I just tried the same as you did [replacing the standard movie library call with the node one] but with Confluence (in order to rule out that the problem was with my skin), and I get the same problematic result...
You're right. Looks like it always works on the first time and fails afterwards as long as you try the same path. Once you try another path and go back to using the initial path it works again once and fails afterwards.

Unfortunately this is gonna be hard to solve and I have no idea how this was supposed to work in Gotham.
Actually https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...90735b7898 might fix the problem but in this part of the code it's very difficult to judge what other effects such a change has.

@mkortstiege: mind giving it a try in some use cases and see if it also fixes the issue here for you?
I have been having that problem with Gotham 13.2 using Aeon Nox 4 and Nox 5.

If I select TV Shows on the Main Menu bar, there is no problem.

If I select "In Progress" in the sub menu for TV Shows I have a problem. When I return to the main menu and then select TV Shows from the Main Menu or any of the TV Shows options from the sub menu, I always get thrown back to the "In Progress" listing. This occurs 100% of the time when using the "In Progress" option.

To clear the problem, I have to keep hitting back through the Library/Folder listing until I return to the Main Menu.

It only seems to happen with the "in Progress" option. The other sub menu options work as per normal.
Yes the In Progress submenu node uses a library node. We don't use them in confluence home screen yet because they are not ready for that use case but obviously other skins do and some people also manually set it up like that for themselves.
Fix works and after having a brief look at it the possible impact on that change looks pretty small. Way better than my approach in not altering the items path when building the videodb:// URL. Mind creating a PR so others can comment on it as well?

EDIT: We might as well put up a win32 testbuild for the skinners who are actively using this in their skins and widgets.
Done, see PR5941.
(2014-12-13, 12:35)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]Done, see PR5941.

Thanks!
Will test in Linux shortly.
(2014-12-13, 13:09)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, testbuild @ http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...istory.exe

I have tested (win32) with several use cases I could think of, and find no problems, works as expected.

You guys are awesome, thanks Smile

While I have your attention here, is there any chance you might be able to have a look at this bug I reported earlier? I even opened a trac ticket but received no comments BlushBig Grin
Pages: 1 2