Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how can i secure my m3u list ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello I want to know if there is a way to secure my channel list? I have the list on my website but I want to secure it so not anyone can use it. only the users that I authorize. can this be done
You can put the file in a directory and password-protect it using .htaccess username/password permission files (google it).

The URL field for the m3u file should then include the user/pass:
http://userid:[email protected]/...annels.m3u

You can't keep people from sharing the password with the world though.

There are certainly more ways, but this is the only reliable mechanism for iptvsimple, which doesn't have any cookie or ability to use fancier authentication since it is completely unconnected to the normal web browser.

Channel lists should be freely exchanged, especially to defeat those who would charge for and resell other's work. Unless you are the one providing the channel streams also, and then the streams should have the security.
You can store the file locally and only give it people you trust.
You will need some kind of IPTV Panel to be able to manage and secure the links
I put my everything correctly then I presses ok after in the iptv panel and it get a update to link can anyone help me
@lesliejacobs29 create a new thread and explain your issue in more detail...
what is the link?
@boss of Bosses jacobi already gave you a solution, and it's likely the only one that works in this particular scenario (unless you're okay with storing the file locally).