Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV XBMC icon in your Apps Library the Icon is Not Changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've installed XBMC 13.2 on my Amazon Fire TV and have used the Llama program to link the ikono.tv icon to become the XBMC icon. It seems to work right away (once rebooted) in changing the icon for the ikono TV located in the Home Menu under Recent but does not change for the Apps Library location. Is there any way to change this also or not at this time if ever?
Thank you
(2014-12-13, 00:43)splatman2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

I've installed XBMC 13.2 on my Amazon Fire TV and have used the Llama program to link the ikono.tv icon to become the XBMC icon. It seems to work right away (once rebooted) in changing the icon for the ikono TV located in the Home Menu under Recent but does not change for the Apps Library location. Is there any way to change this also or not at this time if ever?
Thank you

I haven't seen anyone change the actual app icon outside of the Recents menu. The actual app icon may have something to do with the actual .apk. I could be totally wrong since I have had quite a few beers this evening...good thing I don't have to be up in 4 hrs.
I set this up several months ago on two of my fire tv's and it has been working perfectly ever since. Then, all of a sudden yesterday, the ikono tv icon is back. I changed it back to xbmc and then a few mins later, it goes right back to ikono. Any ideas?
My guess is that the ikono app updated. Did it to me as well - used adbfire to change it back. Hasn't gone back yet. Edit; just reverted - weird.
ikono was updated with new hideous icon. Just have to change it back with your favorite ADB method.
I have noticed this as well, my AFTV is not rooted but that didn't seem to matter prior to yesterday. Any ideas how to change it permanently?
Wish I could find an old adbfire tool that switches the Classic TV Icon instead of Ikono TV.

Or the command to push new icon for Classic TV.
(2015-01-26, 16:40)speedracerx0509 Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I could find an old adbfire tool that switches the Classic TV Icon instead of Ikono TV.

Or the command to push new icon for Classic TV.

Check this - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1737418
Fantastic. I'll give it a try. Thanks Rusty!
Couldn't get the commands to work but found this: http://www.jocala.com/adbf107.html

Works like a charm.

Jocala will have it fixed in adbFire 1.16 due out soon. Apparently Ikono changed some things.
Grab the AFTV Utility App v0.38...worked for me
Do I get it right: it is not possible to replace Ikono TV icon with Kodi under "Apps" section, only in "Home / Recent" ?
wherever the 'ikonotv' app icon is displayed, it should display the Kodi icon once I applied the patch using the AFTV Utility App
I am using Mac, so I used latest adbFire. It doesn't unfortunately replace the icon everywhere, only on Home / Recent page. My AFTV is not rooted. Any idea?