Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Delete account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

removed151214

With thanks to the relevant Team Kodi member, who has repeatedly made it clear my contributions here are nothing but an annoyance, please delete my account ASAP.

I appreciate it is generally preferred to make accounts 'inactive' or just ask the user never to log on again, but as this account is linked to my personal e-mail address (and, given the vitriol I have endured, I have no intention of ever accessing it again), I would prefer it is permanently deleted or, if that is not possible, marked as PERMANANTLY inactive (as in, ALL personal details deleted from your databases, and unable to be re-activated).

Thanks to the positive Team Kodi members (the vast majority), and the innumerable positive Kodi users, for your use and support of my various scripts over the past year or two. And I wish this project nothing but success in the future, as much as it has been made clear my continued usage of it by certain Team Kodi members is actively discouraged.
See reply to PM.
Although I can remove an account, I am really really wondering what happened here because you say a team member was involved.
Unfledged, would you mind talking to me through PM or email ?

I was not associated with wathever happened and I promise I am a good listener.
I have the feeling something happened outside of the forum, maybe through PM which really got you upset and I would like to get to the bottom of it because of two reasons:
- I would really hate to see a contributing member of the community go.
- I would like to know so we can avoid something like this happening again from within the Team.

If afterwards you still want to leave I'll (obviously) honour your request.

Please contact me.
After discussing this privately I have removed the account personal detais, keeping the posts and such because they contain valuable information.
This saddens me. Sad
Hitcher, believe me many team members are shocked by this.
We still don't really understand what happened, mainly because he didn't want to go into detail about it.

In the end I had to respect his wishes and deleted his personal user details.
He was gracious enough to let us keep the posts, some of which contain valuable data on the addons he wrote.

I'm hoping at one point he will reconsider and come back. I know some others that did not like all the fuss the forum can bring are happily developing off-forum without all the user interaction which they then let someone else handle for them.
I'm with Hitcher though really find your posts very thoughtful Kib and wanted to thank you
(2014-12-13, 06:11)removed151214 Wrote: [ -> ]With thanks to the relevant Team Kodi member, who has repeatedly made it clear my contributions here are nothing but an annoyance, please delete my account ASAP
What a hell happen ?
How the hell we manage to send off one of the most useful and active members of this community ?

Who did this ?. I doubt it Unfledged he is the cause of this. I've exchange countless pm's with him regarding his addons and never, i mean NEVER had any problems (not even a "NO") to all my questions and requests.

If we keep doing this without taking any measures to prevent these kind of stuff in the future, this community we will end up with a bunch of requests junkies that they have a twisted opinion about the meaning of FREE WORK and some Team members that they think they can do and say whatever they want just because the their nick names are in bold fonts.

(2014-12-16, 01:23)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]I know some others that did not like all the fuss the forum can bring are happily developing off-forum without all the user interaction which they then let someone else handle for them.
I agree.
IMHO there is to much "free-of-speech" in this community and not all people can handle it when the "too much" goes out of limits. In those cases the Team should step forward and protect the most valuable part of this community... the developers.

Cheers
Nessus
About whot person are you tolking about .
Whot is was his nick ?
We are talking about Unfledged.

I want to be very clear here - especially after Nessus' remarks: He specifically told me that he knows the comments he received were not intended to do harm. He even specifically refused to tell me who he was talking about, because he did not believe anyone should be blamed. Internally we have asked around and no one is stepping forward either - several people talked with him, many also through PM but none have the feeling they were the ones that caused this. Almost the entire team seems baffled by what happened.

I strongly advice against making this some sort of witch hunt. Unfledged himself told me this was not needed, and it was more a case of him becoming tired of the fuss of the forum. This seems in contrast with what he said earlier but in the end - if he does not want to tell me what exactly happened then I am not able to improve whatever went wrong within the communication.

To enlighten this a bit more, I insisted he tell me who it was so I could bring it to the XBMC Foundation board, or (if they were involved) to a group of uninvolved teammembers. His reply was:
Quote:I appreciate your reasons for wanting me to do a 'name and shame', but it's not something I'm willing to do. Firstly, because the ultimate issue is my issue, and not theirs. Secondly, and I repeat, I know that what they said was not intended in the way it was received - that's an issue I've dealt with myself over the years (and almost inherent in a text-based communication system), it's simply something I don't have the willing or patience to continue to deal with. As such it would be unfair to 'name and shame' in this instance. Believe me, if I considered the behaviour to be that out of line I would have already called them out on it, as I have done once publicly on the forums previously, and once privately (to 'clear the air' in that instance.)
This left me no choice to leave it as a mystery and honour his request to remove the personal details.
For the record, Unfledged and I were having a disagreement or discussion or what have you that got somewhat heated shortly before his decision to go. While he says that disagreement was not the cause, I nonetheless feel at minimum partially responsible for his decision. While I can't change what he decided, it does act as an important reminder that I need to remember to think before responding heatedly to something I either don't understand or don't agree with. I know people like to make jokes about how I rarely get mad, but I do occasionally, and this is a situation where it may have resulted in a totally unintended consequence.
That was big of you to step up and take responsibility. Any one of us has the capability to lose our patience/temper. I sincerely hope that your admission does not result in a situation that may cause any negative reactions to you.
(2014-12-17, 03:48)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]That was big of you to step up and take responsibility. Any one of us has the capability to lose our patience/temper. I sincerely hope that your admission does not result in a situation that may cause any negative reactions to you.

ha, I'm not especially worried about negative reactions. After dealing with the torrent from the name change, I've gotten pretty good at shrugging that kind of thing off.
Real shame he went as he was a massive contributor to the community and did some quite innovative stuff.

But we must respect his wishes.

Thanks for all your work "removed151214" Big Grin
Unfledged, can you please contact with the me ?

Cheers
Nessus
Pages: 1 2