Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPnP movie sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

is there any outlook on making this work with UPnP? I was hoping this would come in Kodi, but it doesn't seem that way. Server instance shows movie sets just fine, but all clients (Windows 8.1, RaspBMC and Pivos Xios) don't.
As I have multiple kids movies with 100+ short movies (Tom & Jerry etc) movie sets are quite important to me as one can imagine Wink
I've tried to work around it with playlists but that doesn't solve the issue unfortunately.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Why not export library as single files and setup paths as SMB instead of upnp (this is if your trying to duplicate lib info from host to client)
The exported .nfo will be scanned to the clients local DB with whatever set info the videos had on host/server

Or you could setup a shared SQL DB so same info is maintained across all hosts and client instead of each having a independent local DB
Thanks for your suggestions. The reason why I want to use UPnP is because it is the route chosen by the Kodi team, and SQL support will probably be deprecated. Other reason is that it works much faster then SQL. Because I have multiple clients (low-end) the local db option is not really an option for me.