Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume and volume amplification grayed out? (Kodi RC3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just discovered there's no way of changing the volume via the audio settings, or set any volume amplification. Both settings are grayed out and can't be touched. Why is this? Is it some setting I have missed somewhere? Volume amplification is very useful on occasions.

Kodi RC3 git 88f9fb0 dec 14th
post a Debug Log.

Those are not available if you passthrough.
Passthrough... must have enabled that accidentally. Blush Thanks!
Turn off passthrough.
Do your sound setting
Turn on passthrough. Smile
(2014-12-15, 01:54)imsohappy Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off passthrough.
Do your sound setting

nonsense
Lol :-) that was funny one.
(2014-12-15, 01:54)imsohappy Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off passthrough.
Do your sound setting

When passthrough is enabled then kodi does exactly nothing to the sound it sends it straight out to the selected port Smile

so your advice is rather pointless as it will do nothing.
(2014-12-14, 17:03)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]post a Debug Log.

Those are not available if you passthrough.
But it used to be when transcoding. My home cinema can only receive ac3/dolby for multi channel sound via optical input and no dts so i had dts capable receiver checked out with xbmc in the enable passthrough settings which were always enabled. When playing a video with dts sound, volume and amp were not greyed out even though passthrough was on because xbmc was first transcoding dts to ac3. When i played something with ac3/dolby coded sound then both were greyed out since it's passthrough without transcoding. But now with kodi, using the exact same settings as with xbmc, it's also greyed out when it's dts being transcoded to ac3 before the passthrough. It's really annoying because if i disable passthrough my home cinema receives dts transcoded to ac3 as stereo so when i need amp on a dts source i need to disable passthrough slide the amp slider and reenable passthrough again. Yeah i can just leave it like that for all future video's and lower the volume via home cinema but still. They didn't need to change that and leave it like it was on gotham imo. It's much more handy when i only need my tablet to control everything and didn't need the remote from the home cinema system anymore for volume.
Disable the pass through and the boxes will become active to do this play a video go to the audio and un check the enable pass though and you can set it