Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Accidently scanned in -trailer.mov's , how do i get rid of them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a need for some extra space for a large game install on my main xbmc install, and the way I had the drives setup, that directory ended up being inside a movies directory. I've actually gotten away with this before, but this time xbmc scanned and imported many (duplicate) 'movies' from the game files.

To get rid of that, I had to add a <excludefromscan> section to my advancedsettings.xml . That took a little doing to figure out, but solved the problem.

However, what I didn't realize is that by the act of using that tag, I disabled internal defaults for that function, which means, -trailer.mov and .sample files were scanned.
Meaning that many movie directories where I had local trailers have now been scanned in, and now show up in the library as the movie with duration of 2 minutes (or whatever).

I know I can delete all those -trailer.mov files, and do a scan and clean, but I seem to remember that that will break the movie-info-trailer link, and IIRC that doesn't recover if that happens, you have to re-scan.

So here's my questions in order:

1) I believe if I adjust my regexp to include the default '-trailer' , this will just stop the problem from getting bigger, but will not clean up the existing problem. Is this right?

2) What's the best way to remove these entries in my movie library without breaking the trailer links on the ACTUAL movie?
(or, alternatively, is there a way to repair trailer links so that they will regenerate and now point to youtube or whatever it can find)

3) Is there another, better way to block off directories from being scanned that doesn't depend on advanced settings ?

4) I haven't researched this much, but my mysql clients seem to do a scan on opening even though they are not configured to do so. I don't want my clients scanning period, but haven't until now had a reason to chase this down. How can I stop this from happening?

thanks for any pointers Smile
I ended up sorting by add date and deleting by hand something like 4-500 entries :/