Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AirPlay ios8 only audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since updating to ios8 AirPlay to Xbmc only plays audio,is they're a fix for this ?
Try a Kodi development build (wiki). Then go into Settings -> Services -> Air Play and there should be an iOS 8 switch.
Ok I have no idea what to do with a development build or how to install one,please help ?
Find your OS and install the update: http://kodi.wiki/view/Development_build#...candidates

Or just wait for the stable version of v14 to come out, which should be soon. v14 has an iOS 8 compatibility mode switch.
Have installed lastest v14 but still only getting audio over AirPlay ?
Did you change the setting in Kodi's options?
it defaults to on... which app are you trying to airplay with?
Ive tried yoytube.fx.nbcsport all only play audio and ive checked and ios8 box is ticked.
what is youtube.fx.nbcsport ... try airplaying from youtube.com via safari or a self recorded video from the photo roll. Those should work. There are a lot of apps which won't work with 3rd party airplay implementations (like Kodi) because of missing encryption and enforced DRM.

Youtube.app is known to be broken for Kodi and will never work again.
(2014-12-18, 13:10)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of apps which won't work with 3rd party airplay implementations (like Kodi) because of missing encryption and enforced DRM.

Is there a list of apps that are known to be failing due to DRM limitations? I can't get Play Movies, Disney Movies or Plex to stream video content to Kodi 14 and I'm not sure if this is a bug or DRM limitation.
Just tested Airplay with Kodi 14.0 on Windows 7, from iOS 8.1.2 on both iPhone 5 and iPad Mini Retina:

Most of the time, the airplay selection on iOS shows Kodi as an audio only device (speaker icon).

1) Youtube: no video nor audio.
2) Redbull app: video: it only worked once when I switched the iOS8 compatibility on Kodi to off, next video I tried to play didn't work. Otherwise it only streams audio.
3) TED: no video, only audio.
3) Photos: does work.
4) Music: does work.

I tested with and without iOS8 compatibility option turned on, same results.

These are the same results as I was getting with xbmc 13.2.
Turn ios8 compatibility on - restart kodi - then try to AirPlay a Video from the Photo roll (Self recorded) - does this work?
(2014-12-29, 10:10)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Turn ios8 compatibility on - restart kodi - then try to AirPlay a Video from the Photo roll (Self recorded) - does this work?

Yes, this works. Other apps than the ones I previously mention seem to work fine with video (e.g BBC News), playing a youtube video embedded in a website via Safari works a well.

Thus it seems to be a specific problem with the apps I mentioned earlier: youtube, Ted, Redbull.
yes we don't support any kind of proprietary airplay (like youtube.app) and DRM secured links (the others). Thats also stated in the wiki.
I have one ipad 3 and one pc conected at my tv, and ipad only send audio for airplay, but i go to
settings, music, and home sharing, put my apple ID and work the video,

now i can see photos, video, youtube, and movies direct at my tv.
Pages: 1 2