Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-08, 12:10)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 11:32)Arabaldo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thx for the good work.

In the latest build (#0307) I can only choose English for language.

Where are you truing to change the language, OpenELEC Settings addon or the main Settings GUI?

If it's OpenELEC Settings, this is by design.

If it's the main Settings, then please post a debug log when you try to change language.

Edit: I'm able to change language in the main Settings GUI, it may be necessary to start with a fresh .kodi (or maybe just guisettings.xml) due to all the recent language changes now in #0307.

It is in the main settings...I don't know how to log it..but I installed #0304 again and now I can choose among all the other languages.
(2015-03-08, 13:07)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 07:35)illiac4 Wrote: [ -> ]In 0307 the addons are not up to date with API:
06:32:54 365.322174 T:1797227584 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - PVR IPTV Simple Client
06:32:54 365.322754 T:1797227584 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'PVR IPTV Simple Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.5', add-on API version '1.9.4'

(2015-03-08, 12:44)Heiko123 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I get the same error with pvr wmc add-on. Huh

This might be an issue for a short while, as the PVR addons have now been split out from xbmc-pvr-addons into individual repositories and now build differently, which is not yet fully supported by OpenELEC and is causing some breakage. The individual repositories are being updated while the old repository seems to be lagging behind, not sure what's going to happen to the old repository to be honest.

Old repository won't be updated. Addons were split and have a new home at https://github.com/kodi-pvr.
Some pvr addons aren't (yet) compatible with API 1.9.5, some already are but Kodi's PR didn't make in time, etc. Shouldn't take long now to have everything back to normal.
(2015-03-08, 13:07)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]This might be an issue for a short while, as the PVR addons have now been split out from xbmc-pvr-addons into individual repositories and now build differently, which is not yet fully supported by OpenELEC and is causing some breakage. The individual repositories are being updated while the old repository seems to be lagging behind, not sure what's going to happen to the old repository to be honest.

Those with PVR API issues, please test a new build:

#0307b: RPi / RPi2

This build is using the new kodi-pvr repositories for PVR addons.

I enabled PVR Demo, which worked, although it did require a restart of Kodi for the new PVR addon to take effect (ie. appear in the Home menu)

If this build is any good, I'll consider switching to it for future nightly builds.
(2015-03-08, 13:14)Arabaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to log it..

debug log (wiki)

If you don't know how to produce a debug log, with all due respect you probably shouldn't be testing these builds.
(2015-03-08, 14:33)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 13:14)Arabaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to log it..

debug log (wiki)

If you don't know how to produce a debug log, with all due respect you probably shouldn't be testing these builds.

True, but I didn't clarify...I wasn't sure how to post the info...sorry. When I updated to the latest build again for a log, it worked.
Sorry for the noobiness and thx for the help.
I had some trouble going from #304 to #307. First i thought it got stuck at the kodi logo, but after 30 seconds it booted anyway.
The language had changed to "none", i had to change manually to dutch again.
My VU+/Enigma2 PVR addon is completely broken now. The Pi2 will not boot correctly if enabled. #304 is about perfect for me now.
I'll try #307b now and will report back.
libcec is showing some issues lately. I've reproduced it in at least build #0228 and #0307 as well as a clean OE nightly build of my own. Build #0228 is likely not the first having this issue but I might need to bisect with builds all the way back to December if I'd have to find the cause that way. I'm hoping you'll have an idea as to what is the cause directly before heading down that road.

Kodi 'looses' libcec control as soon as I try to hook into it. Running "cec-client" through ssh is sufficient to prevent further control of Kodi by using my TV remote. Button presses are, however, still registered by looking at the output of "cec-client". Kodi just doesn't respond any more. Closing "cec-client" doesn't fix it, nor switching active source. Only a reboot gives me back control.

I'm using "cec-client" for monitoring/testing purposes, which used to be no problem. The same issue can be observed when trying to hook into libcec with something like python-cec, which wasn't a problem in the past either.

Do you have any idea what the cause might be?
(2015-03-08, 15:55)Forage Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 'looses' libcec control as soon as I try to hook into it. Running "cec-client" through ssh is sufficient to prevent further control of Kodi by using my TV remote. Button presses are, however, still registered by looking at the output of "cec-client". Kodi just doesn't respond any more. Closing "cec-client" doesn't fix it, nor switching active source. Only a reboot gives me back control.

This is how it's always been, you can't use cec-client without risk of breaking the communication link Kodi already has with CEC.

See here, which did link to a reply from Pulse-Eight on their forum explaining why cec-client breaks Kodi but unfortunately the forum is no longer available.
this is not 100 % sure but :

I allways noticed my Philipps TV autochoose german language from every startup of a fresh OE install.
Now i tryed out to setup build 307 again and switched my TV to english before.
Maybe this fixed my stuck in logo in this build

I was able to get IP Simple PVR addon working but Tvheadend&DvbViewer let the rpi reboot all the time in 307b

so here the debug log hope that helps http://pastebin.com/GY5vsJ4p
Hi,

Im using build #0228 and my only fault is that sometimes the screen dims and doesnt come back properly. I need to either reboot for do something like change skin for it to brighten up again (hope that makes sense)

OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20150228233837-#0228-g6c52ccc

I see there is a new build since then, should i update? Was there something broken in previous builds that this fixes? I was going to use copy this for some friends, wasnt sure if updating was essential or not.

Thanks
(2015-03-08, 18:34)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I see there is a new build since then, should i update? Was there something broken in previous builds that this fixes? I was going to use copy this for some friends, wasnt sure if updating was essential or not.

Thanks

These are "unstable" test builds, of course you should update if you experience an issue. And if the problem remains in the latest version, go back through the builds until you find the first version that doesn't have the problem, and report that information.

However I don't know what might be causing your dimming problem. I would suggest renaming .kodi and starting with a "fresh" installation.
(2015-03-08, 16:00)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 15:55)Forage Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 'looses' libcec control as soon as I try to hook into it. Running "cec-client" through ssh is sufficient to prevent further control of Kodi by using my TV remote. Button presses are, however, still registered by looking at the output of "cec-client". Kodi just doesn't respond any more. Closing "cec-client" doesn't fix it, nor switching active source. Only a reboot gives me back control.

This is how it's always been, you can't use cec-client without risk of breaking the communication link Kodi already has with CEC.

See here, which did link to a reply from Pulse-Eight on their forum explaining why cec-client breaks Kodi but unfortunately the forum is no longer available.
So it was just sheer luck that it has been working in the past? I find that very unfortunate. Too bad the forum is gone for some more background information. I guess that means I'll have start the bisecting anyway to see what has changed to make it break more consistently now.
I want to use it for a second CEC adapter that isn't even used by Kodi but that causes the other one to break as well.
Is anyone else experiencing PVR crashes?

@Trickname: what are you doing to cause the crash, it looks channel related (there have been updates in this area in the last build, PR6635 looks like a candidate).
(2015-03-08, 19:18)Forage Wrote: [ -> ]So it was just sheer luck that it has been working in the past? I find that very unfortunate. Too bad the forum is gone for some more background information. I guess that means I'll have start the bisecting anyway to see what has changed to make it break more consistently now.
I want to use it for a second CEC adapter that isn't even used by Kodi but that causes the other one to break as well.

That would be my opinion, yes.
did a fresh install using terminal and create_sdcard
first boot brings me stuck in kodi logo.