Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0311: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.1 #1 Wed Mar 11 22:43:31 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 10 2015 15:33:55
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 015c58030bfa095c209a59c0c19e02d6705a2c24 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150311224240-#0311-gfc745b6 [Build #0311]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001540.844: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fc745b66, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (992cb25a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix for PVRChannelGroup crash (caused by PR6653)
  2. No longer reverting PR6306 due to conflicts - some PVR addons may crash (contact addon maintainer for updates)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [cosmetics] CFileItem(List) cleanup (PR:6675, 5 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] improvements to make-addons.bat (PR:6673, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • Add -Wall -Werror and friends (84607f48)
    • Merge branch 'master' of github.comConfusedahlberg/libnfs (4d318527)
  3. libcec:
    • fixed win32/64 builds after 0a3a1d742ceebcde87ca67b4a68805a5df4f88ec (707bd51c)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • renderer: grab corect lock when calling IsGui/VideoLayer (f62d8e16)
      • renderer: always check frame limiter when renderering to video layer (b4523764)
      • [OMXImage] Increase jpeg decode timeout (caf35b01)
  5. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • squash: bcm2709 remove configs (2d64dfa6)
      • config: Remove CONFIG_USB_UAS as it does not work (f93fb5e6)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: Update fullscreen patch
    • Added: PR:6684: [pvr] various optimisations and fixes for CPVRChannelGroup
    • Reverted: 84607f48: Stop libnfs -Wall -Werror changes from breaking build (libnfs)
(2015-03-12, 01:30)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ][*]Reverted: 84607f48: Stop libnfs -Wall -Werror changes from breaking build (libnfs)

The fix for this is rather trivial https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/pull/112 and rebuild libnfs with --disable-werror , no need to revert the whole commit Tongue
(2015-03-12, 04:12)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]The fix for this is rather trivial https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/pull/112 and rebuild libnfs with --disable-werror , no need to revert the whole commit Tongue

Nope, still doesn't work, same build errors (see comment).

(The problem is a colossal number of "register int32_t *buf;" variable declrations that are not used and which now result in errors when previously these were just warnings, also there's a cast alignment error).
I stumbled upon this thread doing my frequent web search for MVC playback support. On my Raspberry Pi 2, I have played two different MKV MVC files (ripped from 3d Blurays using MakeMKV) and they seem to work fine without a hitch (in HSBS). To hear that it should be possible to play in Full HD is even more exciting - all the other 3d solutions (eg Vidon Box, EW902) use a proprietary external player and none work without issues.

I know this is the Raspberry Pi section, but is this MVC playback support only for the Pi, or will it be for all OpenELEC / Kodi? I couldn't seem to find any comments for the OpenELEC x86 / x64 section.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Build #310 still has the TV27 update hang on my RPi2.How come everyone doesn't have this problem?

I don't want to try #311 as I'm having enough problems with TVH already, so I'll wait until the issues with the PVR addons are sorted out before trying newer builds.
(2015-03-08, 18:34)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Im using build #0228 and my only fault is that sometimes the screen dims and doesnt come back properly.
I am seeing a similar problem with latest Kodi git master code on an Intel Haswell system with the dim screensaver. Is this a wide spread problem?
(2015-03-12, 05:42)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]Build #310 still has the TV27 update hang on my RPi2.How come everyone doesn't have this problem?

I don't want to try #311 as I'm having enough problems with TVH already, so I'll wait until the issues with the PVR addons are sorted out before trying newer builds.
same issue here. But as this DB only contains some TV channels that in my case get imported anyways on each startup I simply deleted the tv27.db file.

@MVC - also gave it a try the other day and it was working just fine. Amazing work popcornmix. The only issue I noticed is that when I jump chapters (not on regular seeks/jumps) than 3D mode is turned off and I'm back to 2D rendering.
(2015-03-12, 10:26)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]@MVC - also gave it a try the other day and it was working just fine. Amazing work popcornmix. The only issue I noticed is that when I jump chapters (not on regular seeks/jumps) than 3D mode is turned off and I'm back to 2D rendering.
I've noticed the same.
Not a big problem.
Nonetheless, it's an enourmous progress.
(2015-03-12, 08:21)bkuhls Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 18:34)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Im using build #0228 and my only fault is that sometimes the screen dims and doesnt come back properly.
I am seeing a similar problem with latest Kodi git master code on an Intel Haswell system with the dim screensaver. Is this a wide spread problem?

It's not something I've seen, but if it happens on multiple platforms the a post in the "OS independent" or a trac is more likely to get the right person to see it.
(2015-03-12, 05:28)woronczak Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is the Raspberry Pi section, but is this MVC playback support only for the Pi, or will it be for all OpenELEC / Kodi? I couldn't seem to find any comments for the OpenELEC x86 / x64 section.

The Pi has an MVC capable hardware video decoder, so for now this is Pi only.
Currently ffmpeg won't decode MVC, so there is no open source software solution now (I'm sure it will come some day).

We are having to improve some common parts to support MVC:
We'd like to get the demuxer to handle the second stream from ISO/BluRay folder.
The 3D switching code is pretty broken.
We really need a new 3D media type that is not SBS or TAB.

Getting some of these things in place will make MVC support on other platforms easier (especially if they have MVC capable hardware).
DTS Passthrough broken again.
I'm not having much luck getting any interest in trac ticket 15848 I opened for the issues with the MythTV pvr plugin and not being able to view the list of recordings or select and watch one. I would advise anyone wanting to view recordings from MythTV and possibly other pvr plugins (afremont appears to have a similar issue with WMC but can work around it) NOT update to #0308b or beyond at this time.

Thanks for the continued hard work Milhouse. Hopefully the Kodi developers correct this issue soon and those of us that use the MythTV pvr plugin can start testing your latest builds again.
(2015-03-12, 15:36)zaphod24 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not having much luck getting any interest in trac ticket 15848 I opened for the issues with the MythTV pvr plugin and not being able to view the list of recordings or select and watch one. I would advise anyone wanting to view recordings from MythTV and possibly other pvr plugins (afremont appears to have a similar issue with WMC but can work around it) NOT update to #0308b or beyond at this time.

Thanks for the continued hard work Milhouse. Hopefully the Kodi developers correct this issue soon and those of us that use the MythTV pvr plugin can start testing your latest builds again.
I suggest you post to the pvr.mythtv add-on thread. janbar, the current developer of the add-on, is very attentive.
Already posted there, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220888

The response I got was that it was a known issue with Kodi and to open a trac ticket which I also did. From janbar's response, this is an issue in Kodi itself and not with the plugin.
Yes, the PVR addons are a bit too unstable to be honest, and for the time being there's not a lot I can do about that. Hopefully it won't be too long until things settle down and return to "normal".