Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I must say I love this plugin. It really brings something to kodi that it has been missing to be an all-in-one media center.

I ran this on windows 7 for a while but would like to run kodibuntu. I recently installed kodibuntu and the netflixbmc addon and it works fine except that the audio doesnt get released from kodi. i even went into kodi settings and set it to 0 minutes so it would release the audio right away. Not sure what else to try.

I've tried on a few different laptops. Audio works fine in chrome by itself, audio also works in kodi, but when launching netflix from within kodi the audio doesn't work...

Anyone run into this?

I think kodi is keeping the audio stream open and wont let chrome take it over.
Disable the gui sounds. Or make chrome launcher use a custom script with sleep 1 or 2. (To let xbmc finish playing the clicking sound before launching the browser) Or you could install pulseaudio.
Probably because the arrows in the remote are mapped to key_up (down,left,right) which are the regular keys so to speak, whereas the play button is mapped to key_play, which is a special symbol key (or something) and doesnt do anything in the browser. I suggest you read the wiki, or ask in the general forum for the ios app for help.
(2015-02-12, 12:11)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Disable the gui sounds. Or make chrome launcher use a custom script with sleep 1 or 2. (To let xbmc finish playing the clicking sound before launching the browser) Or you could install pulseaudio.

Thank you I was playing around with it and disabled the gui sounds and that seems to have "fixed" the issue. I've never dug into linux audio solutions as I usually just set up a server without a gui and no needs for sound so I've never dealt with ALSA or pulse.
Yes, I suspected this was the cause. Whenever a program use alsa, it will be hogged for the duration of the sound playing. Pulse audio use does use alsa, but it is a sound proxy, that accepts multiple connections from multiple programs and/or instances and then mix it all together. Think of it as wasapi vs directsound in windows, or core audio "exclusive mode" vs standard core audio in OS X.
Generally alsa is preferred for the best sound quality compared to pulse audio. If you miss the gui sounds, then it is quite easy to make a custom script for chrome launcher including the sleep command.
..deleted.
My standalone Kodi system is running under Gentoo Linux and its display is a plasma TV. I wanted Kodi to blank the display on idle and my TV would then power off. Since Kodi is handling all screensaver and display power management for my system, it would always blank the display because it thought that it was idle while Chrome was actually streaming Netflix (via Netflixbmc). My solution was to use a custom Chrome Launcher script and wrap the Chrome invocation with disabling/enabling Kodi's display power saving using the json interface. My approach saves the current setting before disabling power saving and then restores the prior setting after Chrome exits. The only unlikely downside to this is if Kodi crashed or became unresponsive while watching Netflix and the display power management value isn't restored.

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem!

Here's my Chrome Launcher script (I also modified the Chrome invocation for it to use the correct ALSA device):
Code:
#!/bin/bash

# get Kodi's powersave display timeout value
DSPLY_VAL=`wget --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.GetSettingValue","params":"setting":"powermanagement.displaysoff"},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc -O - -q | python -m json.tool |awk '/value/ {print $2}'`

# disable putting display to sleep when idle
wget --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","params":{"setting":"powermanagement.displaysoff","value":0},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc -O - -q >/dev/null

/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable --alsa-output-device=plughw:0,1 "$@"

# restore display timeout value
wget --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","params":{"setting":"powermanagement.displaysoff","value":'$DSPLY_VAL'},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc -O - -q >/dev/null

kill %1
I read some posts about using this without a window manager using xinit. I wonder if the issue with control might be be fixed using a different virtual console? I am looking for a way to switch consoles and launch chrome using xinit. It might solve the control issue. Just a thought.
Is there any possibility to use netflixbmc together with my television remote through CEC? I've seen one message of someone saying that he got this working on windows. However, I'm running on linux, and as far as I know xbmc has full control over the cec device, which means that no events are registered elsewhere. The control utility is only for windows right?

If anybody has any idea about whether this is possible, and if so, how, I would love to hear it!

Thanks
This is the first time trying out this addon and can't get it working.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro
Fresh install of Kodi 14.1 with nothing else installed at the moment.

When I try to run this I get this error in kodi.log

Code:
08:19:47 T:14012  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:19:48 T:14012   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 977, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url, type)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 164, in listVideos
                                                for videoID in match:
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:19:48 T:23812   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
08:19:48 T:23812   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed
[/quote]
Hey,

I need help getting this nice addon to work with my xbmcbuntu standalone Kodi.

Neflixbmc opens in just half of the screen, and i know i need a Desktop Environment to run before starting

With openbox I only get the message: "Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable."

Could anyone please help me out?
Can Netflixbmc be adjusted to work with Netflix Canada? If so how would I do it? Thanks.
I am thankful you are working on this, but there is one main problem that prevents me from using it as my main netflix solution.

It takes much much longer to load when browsing when browsing in Kodi. Any solutions for this?

Thanks!
(2015-02-16, 17:21)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]This is the first time trying out this addon and can't get it working.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro
Fresh install of Kodi 14.1 with nothing else installed at the moment.

When I try to run this I get this error in kodi.log

Code:
08:19:47 T:14012  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:19:48 T:14012   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 977, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url, type)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 164, in listVideos
                                                for videoID in match:
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:19:48 T:23812   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
08:19:48 T:23812   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed
[/quote]

Anyone?
(2015-02-17, 06:50)lja2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Netflixbmc be adjusted to work with Netflix Canada? If so how would I do it? Thanks.

Anyone?