Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Argh, it won't let me do anything when I start it in Kodi - no go from settings, at least if you don't have the login details... I can't even close the darn thing... which is wrong...

Must start the Task Manager to close it...
I also get a blank choose profile window. Version 1.3.14, language: En-US, location: US, using chrome
I can open the links in chrome and see the profile chooser. I can login to netflix and play things just fine.

Code:
10:00:16 T:13172   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
10:00:16 T:13172   DEBUG: Clearing cached fileitems [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
10:00:16 T:13172   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/)
10:00:16 T:13172   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://sources/video/]
10:00:16 T:10928   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','3','')
10:00:16 T:10928   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=3) plugin...
10:00:16 T:10692  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:00:16 T:10692    INFO: initializing python engine.
10:00:16 T:10692   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): start processing
10:00:16 T:10692  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:00:16 T:10692   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"
10:00:16 T:10692   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
10:00:16 T:10692   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
10:00:16 T:10692   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:00:16 T:10692  NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
10:00:16 T:13172   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
10:00:16 T:10692   ERROR: C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
10:00:19 T:10692  NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netflix.com%2FDefault
10:00:19 T:10692   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\draggy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resources\language\English, fallback to strings.xml
(2015-03-11, 16:03)draggy Wrote: [ -> ]I also get a blank choose profile window. Version 1.3.14, language: En-US, location: US, using chrome
I can open the links in chrome and see the profile chooser. I can login to netflix and play things just fine.

Netflix changes appear to have broken this. If you're comfortable, you can replace chooseProfile() in default.py with the following and it will (mostly) work. Note that this is a temporary hack, not a fix, and "Kids Mode" will not be enabled if any of your profiles are setup to use it. You should make a backup copy of default.py first in case you need to revert back.

Code:
def chooseProfile():
    content = load("https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netflix.com%2FDefault")
    match = re.compile('"firstName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
    if not len(match):
        match = re.compile('"decodedName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)".+?experience":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
    profiles = []
    for p, t in match:
        profile = {'name': p, 'token': t, 'isKids': 'False'}
        profiles.append(profile)
    dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
    nr = dialog.select(translation(30113), [profile['name'] for profile in profiles])
    if nr >= 0:
        selectedProfile = profiles[nr]
        load("https://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/account/profiles/switch?switchProfileGuid="+selectedProfile['token'])
        addon.setSetting("profile", selectedProfile['token'])
        addon.setSetting("isKidsProfile", 'true' if selectedProfile['isKids'] else 'false')
        saveState()
(2015-03-11, 17:24)jluce50 Wrote: [ -> ]Netflix changes appear to have broken this. If you're comfortable, you can replace chooseProfile() in default.py with the following and it will (mostly) work. Note that this is a temporary hack, not a fix, and "Kids Mode" will not be enabled if any of your profiles are setup to use it. You should make a backup copy of default.py first in case you need to revert back.

Awesome, thanks.
Hey there,
I'm currently using an Intel NUC with a Logitech Harmony 200 on Windows 8.1 + Kodi v14.
After installing your latests repository i got NetfliXBMC to work! Sweet!
The only thing is that the remote only seems to respond to my Ok button for play/pause, but i have no way to go back to the Netflix menu or Kodi when i want to finish watching! Smile
What should i do?
(2015-03-11, 17:24)jluce50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-11, 16:03)draggy Wrote: [ -> ]I also get a blank choose profile window. Version 1.3.14, language: En-US, location: US, using chrome

Netflix changes appear to have broken this. If you're comfortable, you can replace chooseProfile() in default.py with the following and it will (mostly) work. Note that this is a temporary hack, not a fix, and "Kids Mode" will not be enabled if any of your profiles are setup to use it. You should make a backup copy of default.py first in case you need to revert back.

Code:
def chooseProfile():
    content = load("https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netflix.com%2FDefault")
    match = re.compile('"firstName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
    if not len(match):
        match = re.compile('"decodedName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)".+?experience":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
    profiles = []
    for p, t in match:
        profile = {'name': p, 'token': t, 'isKids': 'False'}
        profiles.append(profile)
    dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
    nr = dialog.select(translation(30113), [profile['name'] for profile in profiles])
    if nr >= 0:
        selectedProfile = profiles[nr]
        load("https://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/account/profiles/switch?switchProfileGuid="+selectedProfile['token'])
        addon.setSetting("profile", selectedProfile['token'])
        addon.setSetting("isKidsProfile", 'true' if selectedProfile['isKids'] else 'false')
        saveState()

This certainly fixed it.

Thanks!

BTW: For those not used to Python, remember that code is indention-sensitive, so careful while copy&pasting.
(2015-03-06, 20:02)docsavage7966 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know why the repository http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip has netflixbmc 1.3.11 rather than the netflixbmc 1.3.14?

I am also getting netflixbmc version 1.3.11. Can anybody please tell me whether I am not using the correct repository?

Thanks in advance.
I'm having a issue with true full screen and Kodi staying minimized on Netflix exit. Has this been resolved and what's the fix?
(2015-03-13, 21:07)sabian2008 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-11, 17:24)jluce50 Wrote: [ -> ]
[...]
This certainly fixed it.
[....]
I'm getting a script error before I even get to the profile page. Tried this patch to the default.py but still no go. I assume my error also comes from recent changes to Netflix.

Running XBMC 13.2 Gotham on Win 64 with NetfliXBMC 1.3.14.

An enormous and grateful thanks to corona/alelec the developer who has put in so much time on this awesome (fork of the old) NetfliXBMC add-on.
I just want to say that I reloaded my PC that I was planning on using Kodi with, and put this plugin in. Wow. Works awesome right out of the gate (where previously I was having issues on my old load).
This is a great plugin, but how worth is it compared to PlayOn? I did get a PlayOn license but I was thinking about returning it because I don't have access to Hulu and a ton of other services.
(2015-03-17, 00:57)ldavet Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great plugin, but how worth is it compared to PlayOn? I did get a PlayOn license but I was thinking about returning it because I don't have access to Hulu and a ton of other services.
This addon
Pros = Better sound and video quality
Cons = Launches a program outside of Kodi (web browswer)

PlayOn
Pros = Plays videos within Kodi interface
Cons = Video and sound quality are not as good and seeking/ff/rw are limited.
(2015-03-13, 23:15)ludi Wrote: [ -> ]I am also getting netflixbmc version 1.3.11. Can anybody please tell me whether I am not using the correct repository?

Thanks in advance.

I did not find a repo supplying version 1.3.14, but I found a simple way to install the last git version:

In fact, at the end of the first message of this thread, you can find a link to github. If you follow the link, you will get to the repository, where you can see a button called "Download zip". By clicking on it, you will get a zip file containing the current development version of the plugin.

Copy the zip file somewhere, where Kodi can access it.

Start Kodi, go to Addons in the Kodi Settings, select to add an addon from a zip file and choose the zip file downloaded from github.

Remark: I don't know, whether this is a clean way to install the latest development version of the Netflixbmc plugin, but it seems to work.

Remark2: I noticed that the folder in the zip file has the suffix "-master" appended to its name. If you want the version from github to overwrite the version installed from the repo, you have to unzip it, remove the suffix from the folder name, create a new zip file and import the new zip instead of the downloaded zip into Kodi.
I am having a similar issue to sabian, at least in the fact that my Who's Watching popup is blank, and when I back out of the popup it sends me to the first profile on the account. The addon worked great for me for a few months, thanks for the great work!

My log:

Code:
18:25:23 T:8548  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:25:24 T:8548   ERROR: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:769: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
18:25:45 T:9052  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:25:46 T:6168  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
18:25:46 T:6168   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
18:25:46 T:8888   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
18:25:46 T:8888   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
18:25:46 T:9036  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:25:52 T:1128  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:25:52 T:1128  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:25:52 T:1128  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:25:58 T:8820  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:25:58 T:8820  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:25:58 T:8820  NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netflix.com%2FDefault
18:25:58 T:8820   ERROR: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:769: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
18:29:25 T:9204  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true

I have tried resetting Netflixbmc, and I have also tried reinstalling. I am on windows 7 with Chrome.
(2015-03-14, 08:49)hstegeman Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting an error message when I try to open the tv show, better call saul.
Windows 8.1, Lenovo q190, Xbmc 12.3

07:46:41 T:2816 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
07:46:41 T:2816 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py
07:46:41 T:2816 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.pyamf\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.TheYid.common\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup4\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.myconnpy\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.universal\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.mechanize\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests2\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.icechannel\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.f4mproxy\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.t0mm0.common\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.icechannel.extn.xunitytalk\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.socksipy\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.dnspython\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.addon.common\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.istream.dialogs\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.unidecode\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.urlresolver\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.feedparser\lib;C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.metahandler\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
07:46:41 T:2816 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Entering source directory C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
07:46:41 T:2816 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
07:46:41 T:1608 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
07:46:41 T:1608 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
07:46:42 T:2816 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1119, in <module>
listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
File "C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 431, in listSeasons
content = json.loads(content)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 307, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 319, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 338, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
07:46:42 T:2816 INFO: Python script stopped
07:46:42 T:2816 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2816 terminating
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 610 (C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py) to stop
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: python thread 610 (C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py) destructed
07:46:42 T:4840 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
07:46:42 T:1608 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Better%20Call%20Saul&thumb=https%3a%2f%2fscdn.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f2918%2f12112918.jpg&url=80021955
07:46:42 T:1608 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Better%20Call%20Saul&thumb=https%3a%2f%2fscdn.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f2918%2f12112918.jpg&url=80021955) failed
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSliderVideos&thumb&type=both&url=slider_1)
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=wiHome&thumb&type=both&url]
07:46:42 T:1608 DEBUG: Loading fileitems [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSliderVideos&thumb&type=both&url=slider_1]
07:46:43 T:1608 DEBUG: -- items: 40, directory: plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSliderVideos&thumb&type=both&url=slider_1 sort method: 0, ascending: false
07:46:43 T:5128 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
07:46:43 T:5128 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 5128 terminating
07:46:43 T:856 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
07:46:43 T:856 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 856 terminating

I can't find better call Saul on us site. Which region?