Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-07, 11:45)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-07, 04:08)phsyraxion Wrote: [ -> ]Im in Australia and have just signed up to Netflix and now have this addon working great. I have not had issues from a few posts above where playback stops, everything seems to work pretty good.

One question I had was how the "add to library" was suppose to work?

If you have a movie for instance in Netflix is it possible to simply add this to your movie library? I have tried using the context menu and it triggers a library scan but the selection doesn't appear.

Yeah, it should work.

First add the Netflix library directory (if you're using windows)
c:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\library\
either Movie or TV as a Kodi library using Add Videos. Just like you did with other movie or TV series sources.
For movies make sure the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" is selected otherwise all the movies have the title "Movie".

Now when you select a TV or movie and use the context menu to select "add to library" Netflixbmc will store the details in its library and Kodi will scan and pick it up.

Let us know if it works.

You should export first, so that the folders are created, then add to the library.
Hello!
I ran into some problems with the plugin today when I tried to use the search function for Netflix. The script failed and when I looked at the log I found this: https://gist.github.com/joenas/b245a82106f671f1e592
I just copied the URL and pasted in my browser which gave me this: https://gist.github.com/joenas/35af7fcc91619aca78b1

Any ideas? Plugin version is 1.3.16.

Cheers
Jon
(2015-04-07, 01:54)corona Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-06, 09:08)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-06, 05:21)JasonPell Wrote: [ -> ]Definately

I quickly coded this into my version but on further investigation this functionality already exists!!!
Profile selection is available in the Context Menu. Visible only when the "Show profile selection ..." set true.

Blush......LOL...Did not know that...

I was about to say it's in the context menu already :-)
One related feature that would be highly desirable would be to display the current profile name at the top of the screen or something, so you know whether to switch or not. If you get a chance to implement that I'll be more than happy to merge it in.

Yeah, I had a look at doing that. It's a bit more involved than I'm prepared for right now, but maybe later.
(2015-04-07, 21:38)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-07, 04:08)phsyraxion Wrote: [ -> ]Im in Australia and have just signed up to Netflix and now have this addon working great. I have not had issues from a few posts above where playback stops, everything seems to work pretty good.

If you have a movie for instance in Netflix is it possible to simply add this to your movie library? I have tried using the context menu and it triggers a library scan but the selection doesn't appear.

Yeah, it should work.

c:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\library\
either Movie or TV as a Kodi library using Add Videos. Just like you did with other movie or TV series sources.
For movies make sure the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" is selected otherwise all the movies have the title "Movie".

Now when you select a TV or movie and use the context menu to select "add to library" Netflixbmc will store the details in its library and Kodi will scan and pick it up.

Let us know if it works.

You should export first, so that the folders are created, then add to the library.

The Movie and TV library folders are created when Netflixbmc is first started. They'll be there.

BTW, is there a wiki we can point to for user info like this?
(2015-04-07, 21:43)imightbe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
I ran into some problems with the plugin today when I tried to use the search function for Netflix. The script failed and when I looked at the log I found this: https://gist.github.com/joenas/b245a82106f671f1e592
I just copied the URL and pasted in my browser which gave me this: https://gist.github.com/joenas/35af7fcc91619aca78b1

Cheers
Jon

The URL has the language set to en-SE? Shouldn't that be se-SE or sv-SE or something? Possibly Netflixbmc is updating Country but not Language on login. Although this may not be a problem as the URL works here providing good JSON as expected.

It could also be an issue at the Netflix end. Can you try the URL again and confirm that the fault still exists? If so maybe edit the URL to have the correct language code and use in the browser again, just to make sure that's not the problem?

Yeah, it should work.

Let us know if it works.

I have logged in and checked my central server backup and found that there is indeed a TV and MOVIE folder in the addon_data folder for the plugin and I see the shows/movies I added to library with the strm files so it seems to work fine.

I have not tested yet importing this folder but looks like it will work. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
(2015-04-08, 02:10)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-07, 21:43)imightbe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Cheers
Jon

The URL has the language set to en-SE? Shouldn't that be se-SE or sv-SE or something? Possibly Netflixbmc is updating Country but not Language on login. Although this may not be a problem as the URL works here providing good JSON as expected.

It could also be an issue at the Netflix end. Can you try the URL again and confirm that the fault still exists? If so maybe edit the URL to have the correct language code and use in the browser again, just to make sure that's not the problem?

Right, yes I did try that, neither se-SE och us-EN worked.
The only way to get a non broken reply from Netflix with that url was to remove all the query parameters.

Ah I tried again, now the URL worked in my browser. Probably something on their end then.
Updated plugin to 1.3.17
Has a couple of fixed from @insertnamehere and a fix to some webremote keys on OSX passed onto me.
See the github commits for more details :-)
(2015-04-07, 21:43)imightbe Wrote: [ -> ]Right, yes I did try that, neither se-SE och us-EN worked.
The only way to get a non broken reply from Netflix with that url was to remove all the query parameters.

Ah I tried again, now the URL worked in my browser. Probably something on their end then.

If Netflixbmc searches ok now then, like you said, it's probably at their end. Thanks for providing all the info and feedback.
(2015-04-08, 09:07)corona Wrote: [ -> ]Updated plugin to 1.3.17
Has a couple of fixed from @insertnamehere and a fix to some webremote keys on OSX passed onto me.
See the github commits for more details :-)

There is a minor problem with one of my changes in this build. If you're running Kodi on a Windows system and try to add a movie to you library from Netflixbmc AND the movie title has a colon in it, then it will not be seen by Kodi as in the library. I've PR'd the fix to Andrew's github. Missed it in testing. Confused
Is there any chance of creating a mappable webremote settings as I have Eventghost decode my remotes button presses and then send commands to XBMC through the JSON interface.
(2015-04-08, 16:55)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance of creating a mappable webremote settings as I have Eventghost decode my remotes button presses and then send commands to XBMC through the JSON interface.

I've been looking at how this works with desire to improve it. I would very much prefer it to work in line with standard kodi keymapping rather than having a duplication in python code or a separate config file.
Do you have any details of the communication endpoints / protocols used over json for eventghost? Do you know if it send keycodes or actions?
Is there a way to quickly scan the entire Netflix library in NetfliXBMC not called XBMC.MyLibrary?
(2015-04-09, 00:46)corona Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking at how this works with desire to improve it. I would very much prefer it to work in line with standard kodi keymapping rather than having a duplication in python code or a separate config file.
Do you have any details of the communication endpoints / protocols used over json for eventghost? Do you know if it send keycodes or actions?

all the commands the eventghost xbmc/kodi plugin use are documented on the JSON wiki
I have noticed that when I close out of Netflix "NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe does not close and I have to use Task Manager to close it before Netflix will reopen. Any ideas or what additional info would be required?