Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am finding this add-on works great except one thing, I find the picture is not smooth esp. on sweeping shots it seems to stutter a bit in framerate maybe? If I exit kodi and open chrome it does not seem so bad. I thought it might be Video acceleration issue but I enabled software only and it still plays smoother than in KODI. Is anyone else seeing something similar?
(2015-04-18, 03:04)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-17, 13:29)Snicket Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to the help of insertnamehere it's working fine for me.

Still I've got some questions:
Is there a way to get back to Kodi from Chrome? I only managed to close the browser with the control utility but then I'm on the desktop.
Is it possible to use the Hola Unblocker in Chrome via the NetfliXBMC?

Edit:
Under "My List" I cannot find anything I added to it

I suspect the profile page changes that gave you problems initially aren't the only changes Netflix made.

Can you send me a copy of the log file (with debug enabled in Netflixbmc settings) after trying to add to My List
and also login to Netflix with Chrome, choose a profile, and then go to this url:
https://www.netflix.com/WiHome
Hit Ctrl+U to view the page source, copy it and send it to me, and PM me when done.

I don't know enough about the control utility to help you with that, but I'm sure someone can help.

Everything I asked is now working, I don't know why. I changed nothing.
I guess it's magic
(2015-04-18, 22:39)Snicket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-18, 03:04)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-17, 13:29)Snicket Wrote: [ -> ]Under "My List" I cannot find anything I added to it

I suspect the profile page changes that gave you problems initially aren't the only changes Netflix made.

Can you send me a copy of the log file (with debug enabled in Netflixbmc settings) after trying to add to My List
and also login to Netflix with Chrome, choose a profile, and then go to this url:
https://www.netflix.com/WiHome
Hit Ctrl+U to view the page source, copy it and send it to me, and PM me when done.

I don't know enough about the control utility to help you with that, but I'm sure someone can help.

Everything I asked is now working, I don't know why. I changed nothing.
I guess it's magic

My List works ok? That's good, enjoy.
(2015-04-18, 05:24)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Devil's backbone texas Smile the problem seems to be with " - " and not "-" so "sponge-bob" is displayed right but not "sponge - bob". I'll get you the log if the english description doesnt trigger the bug.

On my windows machine for Devils backbone I see " -- " double dash which is the correct ascii conversion of \u2013. I tried setting up a kodibuntu system as a VM but lack of graphics hardware stopped it working. I don't have any spare hardware to run kodibuntu on bare metal at the moment.

Maybe you can try changing skins and fonts in kodi configuration to see if this has an effect.
Youre right, it's a double dash (not a single as i thought first). I use the Amber skin. I'll try later with confluence and report back.
(2015-04-18, 07:30)the_mouse Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding this add-on works great except one thing, I find the picture is not smooth esp. on sweeping shots it seems to stutter a bit in framerate maybe? If I exit kodi and open chrome it does not seem so bad. I thought it might be Video acceleration issue but I enabled software only and it still plays smoother than in KODI. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

Is this on linux? Afaik chrome just runs on top of Kodi, and since Kodi is not minimized it does uae some cpu cucles when idle. A lot less now than before - since "dirty regions" was incorporated, but there is still some cpu usage. Maybe it's better on windows, and/or with a beefier cpu. I dont really have a big problem with it, even when running 720p with my 1.4ghz celeron chromebox.
(2015-04-19, 08:24)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Youre right, it's a double dash (not a single as i thought first). I use the Amber skin. I'll try later with confluence and report back.

Hey, loaded Amber skin to test. Bad news is that it works here no sign of a problem. Good news is I found me a new favorite skin..
Thanks.

When I get some time I'll try to run kodibuntu to confirm the problem. Still go ahead and confirm Confluence works and its not a font problem.
Unfortunately, It doesn't work in confluence either.

Yeah I love Amber for its intuitive simpleness (but not too simple) and great shelf. I also make a custom main menu item for Netflix, pointing to Netflixbmc. You'd swear Netflix was a native app.
(2015-04-19, 08:29)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-18, 07:30)the_mouse Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding this add-on works great except one thing, I find the picture is not smooth esp. on sweeping shots it seems to stutter a bit in framerate maybe? If I exit kodi and open chrome it does not seem so bad. I thought it might be Video acceleration issue but I enabled software only and it still plays smoother than in KODI. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

Is this on linux? Afaik chrome just runs on top of Kodi, and since Kodi is not minimized it does uae some cpu cucles when idle. A lot less now than before - since "dirty regions" was incorporated, but there is still some cpu usage. Maybe it's better on windows, and/or with a beefier cpu. I dont really have a big problem with it, even when running 720p with my 1.4ghz celeron chromebox.

FWIW on my dev mac laptop, having kodi running does seem to command significant cpu overhead - battery runs down quicker, fans kick in a lot more often, etc. I don't know why, it's pretty undesirable, but I haven't had a chance to look into it. I've got very few plugins or anything installed on it either as I don't use if for watching anything, just developing these plugins.
(2015-04-19, 08:29)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep I am running Linuxmint 17.1 KDE, I watched KSysGuard and it seems that the CPU cycles are not crazy. I thought it might be something to do with video card priority. I have tried running chrome with video acceleration and without but it makes no difference.
Chrome on Linux does not support videoacceleration. Also there is some overhead in using Linux Mint itself. I remember trying out Mint myself, and I gotta say that Kodibuntu works better. Espescially if you have a slow cpu.
(2015-04-20, 09:10)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Chrome on Linux does not support videoacceleration. Also there is some overhead in using Linux Mint itself. I remember trying out Mint myself, and I gotta say that Kodibuntu works better. Espescially if you have a slow cpu.

If I check with chrome://gpu it tells me that video acceleration is enabled and functioning, I did enable the --ignore-gpu-blacklist flag. I did wonder about trying Kodibuntu but it would be a pain to change now. I would not of thought the AMD A8 cpu would handle it too badly
Yeah it says it is using hw video decoding, but it's actually not true. I'm not familiar with amd a8. Software decoding,while it is multithreaded according to Google, is largely singlethreaded I believe.
(2015-04-20, 02:39)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, It doesn't work in confluence either.

Yeah I love Amber for its intuitive simpleness (but not too simple) and great shelf. I also make a custom main menu item for Netflix, pointing to Netflixbmc. You'd swear Netflix was a native app.

Thanks for the tip, I've now got Netflixbmc on the home menu. Nice.

As for the /u2013 problem. I did a clean install of kodibuntu 14.0 amd64 today and installed Netflixbmc and I still don't show u2013 just the " -- " in the movie description. I don't know how or why it doesn't work for you. I've run out of ideas.
(2015-04-20, 11:34)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it says it is using hw video decoding, but it's actually not true. I'm not familiar with amd a8. Software decoding,while it is multithreaded according to Google, is largely singlethreaded I believe.

That explains a lot, I hope they implement properly soon. From what I can recall the A8 is a quad core cpu with the Radeon HD on the die should be more than enough.