Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are you getting netflixbmc to start chromium? There seem to be a few options:

1. set netflixbmc to use a script, and modify the script in the addon to start chromium instead of chrome, and a few other tweaks (this is what I have been working on); or

2. leave netflixbmc to still pass off to chrome launcher and change chrome launcher to start chromium instead of chrome.
No change neccesary. I used option 2.

Well I've got sound working fine, but still struggle with tearing. Are the Openelec Intel drivers built without support for the "TearFree" option?

Edit:got tearfree working. I had named the conf file wrong.
Only thing missing is the missing api keys notification. It's only a 50/50 chance that it dissappears when the video starts. Gonna check if you can disable the warning with a commandline argument.
How to get rid of the missing api keys warning:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21276...m-portable

Ok, now everything works perfectly. Even better than my Kodibuntu install because of the VAAPI support.
I have the NetfliXBMC installed but when I go to try look for a film the loading meta gets to about 2% and then I get a script error. Could anyone help?
(2015-05-05, 01:51)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]No change neccesary. I used option 2.

Are you saying you made no change to either netflixbmc OR chrome launcher and netflixbmc opened chromium browser and played netflix?

Weird, mine says "Cannot find Chrome" or something similar, I assume because Chrome Launcher is trying to load Chrome, which doesn't exist on the OE system.
(2015-05-05, 05:45)tasder Wrote: [ -> ]I have the NetfliXBMC installed but when I go to try look for a film the loading meta gets to about 2% and then I get a script error. Could anyone help?

Check the version of netflixbmc. It should be 1.3.20
If it isn't, then install the repo zip from here: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip
and update netflixbmc. If you have problems starting the new version try turning off "advanced ssl" in the netflixbmc settings.
(2015-05-05, 06:12)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-05, 01:51)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]No change neccesary. I used option 2.

Are you saying you made no change to either netflixbmc OR chrome launcher and netflixbmc opened chromium browser and played netflix?

Weird, mine says "Cannot find Chrome" or something similar, I assume because Chrome Launcher is trying to load Chrome, which doesn't exist on the OE system.
Correct, no change to the sourecode of either. Use a custom script to load chromium.
Sorry more clues needed about the custom script.
A custom script to load chromium:

Shebang
Path-to-chromium $@
Oh that simple?
That is correct, but do add the exports after the shebang to fix the missing api notification.
Add .config/xorg.conf and .config/asound.conf to fix tearing and sound. Then your're good to go.
(2015-04-27, 04:22)corona Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I think my server is getting absolutely hammered by the update. If you're having trouble updating you might have to wait a bit and try again.
Might be time for me to fix up the netflixbmc page on superrepo and point people there. Or find some funding for distributed hosting :-\
If you package as zip rather than dir it will reduce load and speed up installs considerably. Just probably need to add chmod +x to the various .sh on first run
(2015-04-23, 07:58)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-23, 06:16)phsyraxion Wrote: [ -> ]I live in Australia (Adelaide in SA Specifically).

When I checked the Log it said it could not load the pwindow for the plugin.

I have it working on my test machine great but I copied over the whole plugin to my HTPC and I still have the issue where it opens to the file browser in Kodi instead of the plugin. I need to troubleshoot that more before asking for help on that but the fact it works on my test machine suggests I have something screwy.

I will have to donate a few beers your way because this is the single reason I use Netflix. Without this addon I would not even bother with an account.

Usually the pwindow log entry happens after the actual problem in the log. Maybe post up a chunk of the log from before and after this point.

As for the beer, I appreciate the offer but I'm just the latest in a large group of people who have worked, and are working on Netflixbmc. At this point, all donations should go to Corona.
Corona lives in melbourne so you can send them via courier :-)
(2015-04-24, 01:13)hstegeman Wrote: [ -> ]Netflixbmc doesn't startup:

01:08:56 T:2916 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
01:08:59 T:2916 INFO: Python script stopped
01:08:59 T:2916 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2916 terminating
01:08:59 T:6020 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video/)
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/]

I did uninstall the addon again, making use of chromecast is working so much better.
I agree chrome cast is nice and I recently purchased one myself to try out Netflix integration. However having Netflix integrated into kodi is still a great choice.

I think if more people used linux or osx rather than crappy windows they may enjoy this plugin more too.
(2015-05-06, 13:12)JasonPell Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-24, 01:13)hstegeman Wrote: [ -> ]Netflixbmc doesn't startup:

01:08:56 T:2916 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
01:08:59 T:2916 INFO: Python script stopped
01:08:59 T:2916 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2916 terminating
01:08:59 T:6020 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video/)
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/]

I did uninstall the addon again, making use of chromecast is working so much better.
I agree chrome cast is nice and I recently purchased one myself to try out Netflix integration. However having Netflix integrated into kodi is still a great choice.

I think if more people used linux or osx rather than crappy windows they may enjoy this plugin more too.
Also I am currently suffering the flashing white screen issue with chrome cast and simplink (lg cec) enabled. I need simplink turned on to use optical audio out on my tv. I use optical audio out to a digital analog converter to my wifi head phones

So my chrome cast is useless at night currently anyway. Thankfully netflixbmc is reliable fallback

I lost my entire local media collection recently in a hdd crash so only netflix and mythtv pvr keep me using kodi currently