Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if this has been brought up before, I'm currently running the latest version of netflixmbc on the latest nightly of isengard. I can log in fine, but if I try "Suggestions" or "Genres" nothing shows up (the list is empty). If I do a search for a movie or view "recently added" all is fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be, or where I could get an older version to try (just to see if the latest version is the problem).
I feel like I am doing something really stupid here.

I've installed the repository from the link in the first post I'm getting version 1.3.21 and a widevinecdm error. This isn't the latest netflixbmc version for windows is it?

Using the latest Kodi

Any idea why I may be stuck on that version?
(2015-05-22, 17:18)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-22, 13:08)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am getting a script failed error on Kodibuntu (just updated everything to latest), here's my log http://paste.ubuntu.com/11282847/

From your log:
plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4

also the log is from a very old version of netflixbmc

Check your version it should be 1.3.21

OK, so downloaded the master from github, and now I get a dependencies not met error on install?
(2015-05-23, 19:23)2Flower Wrote: [ -> ]I've got everything set up properly (I think...) and I'm getting this error after launching a Netflix video. This appears in Netflix's window in Chrome, not in Kodi.

"We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button."

I've done as it's asked and the component is already installed and up to date. Also if I just launch Chrome directly I can view Netflix just fine in it. It only throws this error if Chrome is launched from Kodi. Any ideas?

Can you check that Chrome Launcher works correctly? Try Vimeo couchmode and check that it starts Chrome ok.
(2015-05-23, 21:10)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also getting this "stuck at 25%" inside KODI "TALKING TO NETFLIX" "STARTING KODI".

I completely removed NETFLIXBMC and all user data from it, reinstalled, same problem.

EDIT: It's doing it on multiple machines - problem started a couple of days ago.

Did this start when you updated netflixbmc or was it working ok for a while and just stopped working?
(2015-05-24, 04:25)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this has been brought up before, I'm currently running the latest version of netflixmbc on the latest nightly of isengard. I can log in fine, but if I try "Suggestions" or "Genres" nothing shows up (the list is empty). If I do a search for a movie or view "recently added" all is fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be, or where I could get an older version to try (just to see if the latest version is the problem).

Check that your netflix settings has "test participation" turned off. While you're there check that your profile is set to adult. I doubt that it's not, but this can remove the Genre list.

I'm using 1.3.21 and no problems here, however, netflix can and sometimes does use different page layout for different regions. What region are you in so I can check the Genre and Suggestions pages?
(2015-05-24, 09:44)kirk1 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like I am doing something really stupid here.

I've installed the repository from the link in the first post I'm getting version 1.3.21 and a widevinecdm error. This isn't the latest netflixbmc version for windows is it?

Using the latest Kodi

Any idea why I may be stuck on that version?

1.3.21 is the latest and works with windows.
Netflix provide help for the chrome widevinecdm error:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14759
(2015-05-24, 10:04)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-22, 17:18)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-22, 13:08)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am getting a script failed error on Kodibuntu (just updated everything to latest), here's my log http://paste.ubuntu.com/11282847/

From your log:
plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4

also the log is from a very old version of netflixbmc

Check your version it should be 1.3.21

OK, so downloaded the master from github, and now I get a dependencies not met error on install?

You need to install it from the repo or you will get dependency issues since you were using a very old version. Install will also install dependent addons, copying from github wont. Remove the current netflixbmc and get the repo zip and install. The repo details are on the first page of this thread.
(2015-05-24, 10:54)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check that Chrome Launcher works correctly? Try Vimeo couchmode and check that it starts Chrome ok.

Works fine and dandy with Vimeo. Only Netflix throws the component-missing error, an error it doesn't get when launching Chrome as a standalone web browser and going to Netflix.

Could it be that in Chromium mode, it's disabled the component? Any way I can force it to be re-enabled or just check under the hood somehow?
(2015-05-24, 10:56)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-23, 21:10)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also getting this "stuck at 25%" inside KODI "TALKING TO NETFLIX" "STARTING KODI".

I completely removed NETFLIXBMC and all user data from it, reinstalled, same problem.

EDIT: It's doing it on multiple machines - problem started a couple of days ago.

Did this start when you updated netflixbmc or was it working ok for a while and just stopped working?

Not sure if netflix auto updated or what. It did work fine.

Same for me, only since the update. Was working flawlessly before that. Windows 7, Kodi 14.2.
Ok sorry about getting the repo install wrong, but it's really confusing that SuperRepo has a version number that is higher than yours, but is an older version.

Got it running, but having a little trouble closing the browser and this link on the first page gets a 404 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ilib/Key.h I'm using Yatse remote and no keyboard, and none of the Yatse keys seem to work (back, info, etc). Any suggestions? Thanks!
(2015-05-24, 11:23)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 04:25)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this has been brought up before, I'm currently running the latest version of netflixmbc on the latest nightly of isengard. I can log in fine, but if I try "Suggestions" or "Genres" nothing shows up (the list is empty). If I do a search for a movie or view "recently added" all is fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be, or where I could get an older version to try (just to see if the latest version is the problem).

Check that your netflix settings has "test participation" turned off. While you're there check that your profile is set to adult. I doubt that it's not, but this can remove the Genre list.

I'm using 1.3.21 and no problems here, however, netflix can and sometimes does use different page layout for different regions. What region are you in so I can check the Genre and Suggestions pages?
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Australia, and will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Edit: cannot find "test participation" setting anywhere?

Edit +2: found " test participation" setting, all fixed.

Huge thanks.
Hey Guys, where can I download the older version of NetfliXBMC for me to try it out and see if it works for me? Thx
I think it is on github isn't it?