Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: M3U-Channels from DVB-C repeater stopped working since rc3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using this nice piece of hardware connected to my DVB-C port.
This hardware generates a M3U file which can of course be reorganized manually.
I store this file on an smb share and point this pvr addon to it, and it worked straight away from day 1 - until now.

VLC still plays all of the 57 channels that are stored in this playlist flawlessly, but Kodi rc3 only plays the first 4 channels and the channles 29, 37 and 48, for the remaining ones it just says "Buffering" and that's it.

It used to work, and as I said, it still does using VLC, so there is no networking or DVB-C problem.

I tried removing the addon, resetting it, reconfiguring it, changing from smb to a local apache2 - but to no avail.

This does effect two machines, one raspbian and my Win 8 workstation.

Any ideas on this?

EDIT: Oh, all my Android and iOS devices suffer from this as well...

EDIT 2: Debug log... Starting one channel that works (identified by 3.pvr in the log), stopping it and starting one channel that doesn't (4.pvr).
Really would love to know whether I broke something or Kodi did.
My home runs on a MySQL database, if this could've sthg to do with it.
Anyone? Or am I just too dumb...
3rd bump...

I can confirm that this is a regression since Kodi rc3 - just reinstalled rc2 (IPTV Simple Client version 1.9.10) and all programs do work again.
Just tested Kodi v14.0 Release (compiled 22-Dec-2014 08:55) and still no luck...

Also exchanged 'IPTV Simple Addon' from 1.9.11 to 1.9.10 and it's not the addon that's the culprit, but seems to be ffmpeg itself that started to struggle with those ts-streams since rc3.

Have rc2 running now and manually installed addon version 1.9.11 - and all channels work again.

If any developer should want me to post new logs, I'm willing to, but since this error doesn't seem to affect or even interest many people, I'm about to give up on that Sad

There is at least one other thread that addresses this misbehavior (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211191).
...and today's release of Kodi v14 doesn't work either... Sad
There is a possibility that it got broken by 5487 (PR) which was merged on October 12th, any chance you could try an alpha release from before that to see if it works?

Also since your tuner apparently uses SAT>IP you might want to try the tvheadend backend, it has built-in support for SAT>IP tuners so by using that you'd get recording capabilities etc. This particular bug would probably also be a non-issue then.
Merry christmas and thanks for taking a look into that Smile

(2014-12-24, 10:13)negge Wrote: [ -> ](...) which was merged on October 12th, any chance you could try an alpha release from before that to see if it works?

As I stated, it works flawlessly with release candidate 2 and stopped working with rc3.
I started using Helix with beta2, and those streamed DVB-C channels worked from day 1.
Downgrading from Release to rc2 makes them work again btw.

(2014-12-24, 10:13)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Also since your tuner apparently uses SAT>IP you might want to try the tvheadend backend, it has built-in support for SAT>IP tuners so by using that you'd get recording capabilities etc. (...)

The point in using this little piece of hardware is that I don't need a fully stuffed backend running just to watch live TV on f.e. my RasPi's - I just can receive it directly.
Also I'm already running a backend (MediaPortal), but it's just there for recordings and sits in the living room anyway (see signature).

Would really love to see this fixed...
Have you filed a bug on trac.kodi.tv? Add FernetMenta as CC and it should get some attention.
Sorry for misreading your post earlier, it was late last night.
(2014-12-25, 15:32)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for misreading your post earlier, it was late last night.

Nothing to be sorry about! Just happy that finally someone looked into this Wink

And no, haven't filed a trac issue yet, but will do so soon, possibly tomorrow.
Just filed a bug report: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15648
could you provide an URL of a not working stream for me to test?
Sorry, as I stated, those m3u-URLs are served by a device (AVM DVB-C WLAN Repeater, see post 1) that puts the locally available DVB-C signals into IP packages to be available to all devices inside my LAN, nothing is streamed from the internet...

Aren't there any hints in the debug logs I provided?

I find it curious that the same m3u works (slowly, but at least works) if I use it directly inside Kodi, but only a few channels work when using IPTV Simple - which on the other hand also did work until RC3...
I wouldn't have asked if there were enough info in the logs.The device you mentioned also has a LAN bridge so it should be possible to forward an external port.
I PM'ed you...
Pages: 1 2