Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: files mirror image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm new here ... so far I am doing great with 4 instalations! Fantastic product.

I would like to use the "mirror image" feature that appears when adding files to the video library. This due to the fact that I have backups of my library on several nas using smb.

I have tried all possible combinations but the option is never enabled.

I have read the wiki and searched the forums to no avial.

Thanks
huh?
(2014-12-20, 16:47)helta Wrote: [ -> ]huh?

In a lan 2 nas with mirror images of video files. One kodi. Ok?

Sometimes one of the nas is of site.

Or. Where can I find a description or the "mirror image" option of the adding files function.

Thanks
I wasn't aware that XBMC/Kodi had any kind of mirroring function - in many ways, it's not the application's job to do that, it's up to the data/source (Unix abstraction of function and all that).

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Where have you seen this?

My thought would be that one NAS would be the primary and you'd point it to that, but the other NAS should take on the personality (IP address, name, folder structure, whatever) should the primary not be available. That's how you'd do it in any other switchover/resilient system, anyway.
yeah exactly, there is no "mirror image" function. hence my confusion on what you wanted in the first place.
(2014-12-20, 19:04)helta Wrote: [ -> ]yeah exactly, there is no "mirror image" function. hence my confusion on what you wanted in the first place.

oh, well.

The function seems to exist!

Please goto videos->files->add source->browse->(select some source), ..

on the right you will get a meny with options ok, cancel, new folder, mirror image.... both new folder and mirror image are grayed out...

Confused

thanks
mirror image means mirror picture (as in flip horizontally).
the option will be available when browsing for a fanart image.
(2014-12-20, 20:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]mirror image means mirror picture (as in flip horizontally).
the option will be available when browsing for a fanart image.

Oh!

sounds to me that this option should be elsewhere....

Thanks for response. Must say Kodi is great! And I have used everything out there... Popcoprn, Plex, ...

Blush