Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Graphical help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone help add some effects to a set of default icons for my Fire TV skin please?

I need to convert this style -

to this one -

Link to folder containing all the default icons plus the new style one.

Full credit will be added to the skin.

Many thanks.
Could you upload them in a zip file? Mediafire doesn't let you download all files without an upgraded account :\

Anyway, I created an Photoshop action to automate the process. So if these look all right, I can run it for the others as well. If you have more details on the shadows and gradients, that could help if they're not quite there yet.

ImageImageImageImage
Zipped them up for you and also added more of the other style icons (new.zip) as that's all I have to go on.

Thanks.
Awesome, thanks. Big Grin
Sorry to be a pain but do you still have the PS action only I think they need a slightly darker shadow and a bit more gradient on the top right?

The first icon is original and the rest are the new ones.

Thanks.
I prefer less visual depth / softer gradients and less shadows. Could you please add a "flat mode"? Smile
Updated the images, they're still on the same link.
Cheers.

EDIT: They appear to have been reduced in size, is this intended or some weird Google Drive thing?
You're always welcome to ask me for textures of any kind for any skin, Hitcher.
Oh right, I noticed you were scaling them down yourself, which in turn also scaled down the shadows. So I scaled the images down so the new circular icons would be the same size as the original one.
(2014-12-23, 02:55)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]You're always welcome to ask me for textures of any kind for any skin, Hitcher.
Thanks for the offer.
(2014-12-23, 15:28)Mesoptier Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right, I noticed you were scaling them down yourself, which in turn also scaled down the shadows. So I scaled the images down so the new circular icons would be the same size as the original one.
Ah ok, I'm actually displaying them at 376x376 if that helps.
Just needs a bit more gradient coming from the top right to match the original and we're there.

Thanks.
For some reason Photoshop changed the colours of the original images, so I couldn't select the right colour for the gradients. I took a screenshot of the originals though, and I was able to grab the colours from that. Check the Google Drive link again, it should be better now.
Perfect, many thanks. Big Grin