Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Script failed: Watchdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a loss of current.
Caused my mac mini and nas to stop of course.

When current come back and I tried to start XBMC (13.2 on Yosemite) it behaved very strange.
It has always worked before so in a way suspect the loss of current.

Anyhow, XBMC start up and message in right bottom corner says "Error script failed: Watchdog"
After that it starts flipping around between menus and I have no control. I can do nothing.

I have tried to reinstall 13.2 but the same problem occurs.
I tried to install 13.0 but no change.

Any suggestions?

Link to log from my try with 13.0 http://pastebin.com/vpLMd0Zk
If you want to try a new install of Kodi you'll have to backup and then delete ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC (and/or Kodi). Make sure you delete both folders. Make a backup copy just in case this doesn't fix the problem. You can access ~/Library from the Finder, just hold down Option when you pull down the Go menu. This will delete all your old prefs and addons.
Thanks for help.
I tried this but it did not help.
I get the same message and the same quick loop thru a lot of screens.

Perhaps something happened to my mac? No problems with other programs.
Both my NAS work and no loss of files.
Delete current XBMC or Kodi.app from the Applications folder and re-download then re-install.

Big Tip:
Use OSX - Time machine that backs up to a cheap external USB hard drive - it is a life saver. Smile
Thanks, I have tried that but nothing changed.

I also tried deleting everything around XBMC, application and application support. But no help.

Strange is also when I hold mouse cursor over a letter in the keyboard that XBMC shows on screen it repeats that letter until the field is full. And after moving cursor around a while XBMC aborts.

I will try the newest RC of KODI to see if anything happens.
And wow that seemed to help.
Now I have not tested everything but at least it is possible to navigate and one screen at a time.

I am happy again.