Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Headless Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2015-04-27, 15:53)Odon Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, rebased and built under Freenas past weekend.

You just need to remove boost dependency within xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/FileOperations.cpp (replace boost by std)

Boost? cant see anything like that in there
ah found it, thanks
(2015-04-17, 08:17)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone has a docker container to try with OMV/Debian Wheezy, please post a link

The LibraryScanner isn't fully working with the docker container following this tutorial:
http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.p...#post72749
This is because Multi-sources. This should be fixed with Kodi 14.2. That's why I asked for a 14.2 docker container
Thx

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sparkl...-headless/

wheezy docker of 14.2
Perhaps this is more of a Docker question, but the machine I can test on has something else running on port 80. Anyway I can change the Docker to address that? Or should just move Apache?
in the docker run command add this

-p 80:80

changing the first 80 to any free port you have.
Some feedback from me:
I recently upgraded from a Gotham headless build to the topfs2 helix based one. Everything seemed to work fine on my Ubuntu 14.04 server (not running docker), even the UPnP server component that I was having problems with in the Gotham releases. However, thumbnails are no longer delivered to the clients, kodi.log only shows me this and no errors:

EDIT: Got it down to this: Apparently it's not finding the files.

Quote:21:37:29 T:140155042129664 DEBUG: Received request to serve '9BD6C0F8F6B3E2E4FEF716B4C17CC006/79349-28.jpg' = 'image://http%3a%2f%2fthetvdb.com%2fbanners%2ffanart%2foriginal%2f79349-28.jpg/'
21:37:29 T:140155042129664 WARNING: Platinum [platinum.media.server.file.delegate]: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20005 (NPT_ERROR_NO_SUCH_ITEM) [(ServeFile(request, context, response, NPT_FilePath::Create(m_FileRoot, file_path)))]
21:37:29 T:140155042129664 INFO: Platinum [platinum.core.http.servertask]: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Write
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Content-Disposition: inline; filename=""
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:37:29 GMT
Content-Length: 132
Content-Type: text/html
Server: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Kodi

Does anyone have an idea what's happening here?
So I've been monitoring the headless Kodi client development for sometime, as it's exactly what I want. I've got a Synology NAS which, just yesterday, has now had it's firmware updated to DSM 5.2. Nothing huge, other than the fact it now supports docker.

Loaded up Kodi headless Helix (sparklyballz version) and it seemed to load in, create the image and container, but can't for the love of me how to access the web gui.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me to get this working?
(2015-05-13, 03:26)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been monitoring the headless Kodi client development for sometime, as it's exactly what I want. I've got a Synology NAS which, just yesterday, has now had it's firmware updated to DSM 5.2. Nothing huge, other than the fact it now supports docker.

Loaded up Kodi headless Helix (sparklyballz version) and it seemed to load in, create the image and container, but can't for the love of me how to access the web gui.

link me which version of my docker you're using, i have several.

they're mostly setup for unraid, but i can easily adapt one so it's more generic.
(2015-05-13, 12:52)sparklyballs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-13, 03:26)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been monitoring the headless Kodi client development for sometime, as it's exactly what I want. I've got a Synology NAS which, just yesterday, has now had it's firmware updated to DSM 5.2. Nothing huge, other than the fact it now supports docker.

they're mostly setup for unraid, but i can easily adapt one so it's more generic.

Im using https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sparkl...odi-helix/ which seemed the most appropriate. If you could make a generic one that suits synology that would be awesome. There are heaps of us out there that would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
(2015-05-13, 16:01)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-13, 12:52)sparklyballs Wrote: [ -> ]

Im using https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sparkl...odi-helix/ which seemed the most appropriate. If you could make a generic one that suits synology that would be awesome. There are heaps of us out there that would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

how does synology handle adding dockers , is it via a webui or from a command line ? if a webui, is there a way to edit/add variables.

do you have command line access to edit any config files required for the docker ?
(2015-05-13, 18:21)sparklyballs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-13, 16:01)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-13, 12:52)sparklyballs Wrote: [ -> ]link me which version of my docker you're using, i have several.

Thanks!

how does synology handle adding dockers , is it via a webui or from a command line ? if a webui, is there a way to edit/add variables.

do you have command line access to edit any config files required for the docker ?

It's from a web gui and it has a 'wizard', but also allows command line to be run. I'm have zero experience with docker, it's a brand new feature for Synology units, If you go to http://wahlnetwork.com/2015/03/26/docker-synology/ and go down to the section where he installs Jenkins, should give you an idea of what it looks like, it differs a bit from unRaids docker GUI (in that there are a lot less fields you can enter information into).

If worse comes to worse, I can take some screenshots tonight?

I've got it working on my Synology DS1511 using that version (BTW nice job Sparklyballz).

There's a few things you need to set up on the Synology Docker UI. Click the 'Edit' button on the 'Container' tab and...
1. On the 'Basic Options' tab, click '+' to add a port mapping. The default web port is 8080, so I made a mapping from local port 8008 to container port 8080 to avoid any conflicts with my NAS.
2. On the 'Environment Variables' tab, add the login settings for your MySQL database; these variables are named 'MYSQLip', 'MYSQLport', 'MYSQLuser', 'MYSQLpass'.
3. On the 'Volume' tab, you might want to add a mount for the Thumbnails if you're using a shared folder across all your PCs.

Incidentally, the default login / pass to the web interface is 'xbmc'/'xbmc'.

This is likely enough if you're using the default database names (eg. MyVideo##). Unfortunately in my case, I have non-standard names as a result of following this guide, and had to SSH into the container and make manual adjustments.
(2015-05-14, 09:58)MuzzleAU Wrote: [ -> ]

I've got it working on my Synology DS1511 using that version (BTW nice job Sparklyballz).

There's a few things you need to set up on the Synology Docker UI. Click the 'Edit' button on the 'Container' tab and...
1. On the 'Basic Options' tab, click '+' to add a port mapping. The default web port is 8080, so I made a mapping from local port 8008 to container port 8080 to avoid any conflicts with my NAS.
2. On the 'Environment Variables' tab, add the login settings for your MySQL database; these variables are named 'MYSQLip', 'MYSQLport', 'MYSQLuser', 'MYSQLpass'.
3. On the 'Volume' tab, you might want to add a mount for the Thumbnails if you're using a shared folder across all your PCs.

Incidentally, the default login / pass to the web interface is 'xbmc'/'xbmc'.

This is likely enough if you're using the default database names (eg. MyVideo##). Unfortunately in my case, I have non-standard names as a result of following this guide, and had to SSH into the container and make manual adjustments.

if you can put that information on the relevant forum for synology users, would save some of their users some time, lol.
Muzzie you are a legend, I would never have figured it out. Agreed with the above Post, this deserves its own post on the synology forums.

Thanks heaps sparklyballz for the Docker and Muzzie for the assistance!
I'm hoping I might use this on a Raspberry Pi, for a kodi Audio player.

I was looking at a HiFiBerry Amp+, but I opted for just a seperate Mini amp to run through the analogue audio output. I figure the heatsinks in a dedicated amp will be better than a bolted on board to the Pi, although not quite as neat. (and I needn't buy another case for the Pi..)

What I'm planning to do now is to take one of the OpenElec Pi that I'm already running, configure down the GUI to the lowest resolution and turn off as much fanart as possible and then control it purely from Yatse..

Is there a better way to do this?
(within standard build though - I have 5 clients in the house using a shared MySQL Database)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32