Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi + MythTV + FireTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, new here. Huge fan of XBMC and the remotes. Having a single interface that can access any xbmc from anywhere in the house is huge with the Mom/Wife Acceptance Factor.

Anyway picked up an amazon fire tv for $70, and it streams 1080p 5.1 dolby no problem of all my movies, videos, and recorded TV shows from my WMC days.

However, some channels (comcast >.<) have some pretty bad interlacing problems. My standard definition channels are doing ok, and some channels like the outdoor channel work almost flawlessly. ESPN, PAC12, NFL Red Zone all are having problems. I've tried what I believe to be every setting possible, but to no avail Sad. It appears through some serious googling that deinterlacing with an ARM core processor isn't supported WELL yet. So debating about switching back to an HTPC w/ an i5.

I will definitely be using these for streaming audio to any room in the house I want, but not having perfect live tv readily available kinda blows.

Anyone having similar experiences?

-JG
(2014-12-23, 03:03)italianstal27 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having similar experiences?

Yep, just look here.

I hope this will be fixed soon, atm live-tv is pretty much unusable...