Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odd Buffering Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have living room and bedroom HTPC's set up using OpenElec connected to my main router near my cable modem. The router runs to my living room switch where there are things like the HTPC, TV, A/V receiver, Xbox, etc. It also runs to a switch in my basement which has the Synology NAS and bedroom HTPC on it. All the devices in the living room run flawlessly and never have connection problems. The bedroom htpc seems to have intermittent buffering pauses and I can't figure out why. Both switches are identical and are connected to ports on the same main router. What could I possibly look at to troubleshoot the buffering issue on the bedroom htpc? Being that it is an OpenElec system, is there any way to troubleshoot network and/or see transfer speeds? I'm not sure why I would need any different settings on the bedroom PC as it has the same exact switch connected to the same gigabit network. It's not a huge issue but it's enough to bug me and want to troubleshoot and fix it.

P.S. I run Kodi on my main PC just for testing skins or playing an occasional video while I am working. No buffering on that system either. I'm baffled as to why just the bedroom OE system seems to be buffering. It's a Zotac box if that matters, although I don't see why it would.