Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV & KODI :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Installed Kodi over an existing Gotham stable install, and am happy to report
  1. All my settings have be carried over
  2. HEVC encoded files play smoothly (720p TV shows)
  3. All my plugins work perfectly

Merry christmas to you all - and thank you for the awesome work!

/Mikkel
Good to hear!

(and impressive to hear that 720 HEVC is working on the AFTV, on any HEVC setting)
Not so good news from my side. 720p videos work - yes. But all 1080p videos won't work. They appear in slow-motion. I'm unable to change Audio settings as discussed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1870506.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately I haven't tried a 1080p HEVC file yet, but will do so.
Just got hold of a 1080p HEVC - and I'm seing the same thing.
Pulling up "codec info" shows all 4 cores maxed out, so it appears that it simply does not have the CPU power to decode 1080p HEVC files.

But... for such cheap box with no advertised support for HEVC I can't complain.

/mikkel
(2014-12-26, 17:43)mikkeland Wrote: [ -> ]But... for such cheap box with no advertised support for HEVC I can't complain.

Indeed Wink
AFTV has no builtin support for HEVC (or 4K) whatsoever, so it is pure software decoding.
(2014-12-24, 03:00)mikkeland Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

/Mikkel

How did you do this? Is there package or did you manually copy files?
I did the same: went from Gotham 13.2 stable to Kodi v14 last night.

No settings or addons transferred. I had to start from scratch and install everything from config wiz all the way to addons.

(Yes, I did install Kodi before uninstalling Gotham).

I assume I must have did something wrong.
First of all, thank you for confirming the issue. Does this really mean, that I will never be able to watch my 1080p recordings on my AFTV? Or is there a workaround (without converting the videos)? Any advice would be appreciated.
1080p hevc? Nope. AFTV has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, which does not decode hevc in hardware.

What made you think it would work?
I was wrong. My TV recordings are not in HEVC format. I record movies in Germany, mostly in 1080p mode (with a VU+ receiver). Still, my AFTV - which is supposed to play these movies - doesn't do it. I already had minor buffering problems with Kodi 13.2. But now with 14.0 all 1080p movies (recordings and Live TV) suddenly appear in slow-motion. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I just installed kodi 14 without uninstalling the previous Gotham 13.2 which was working great on my aftv.
I am about to check if everything works ok now on kodi.

Once I am satisfied and see that all settings etc are working as before, what is the best way to uninstall Gotham 13.2 without affecting any settings and add ons that I want to keep on Kodi ? Can I just simple uninstall it from the sideloaded apps on aftv, or is there a better way to do from gotham 13.2 itself ?

Cheers
(2014-12-26, 19:44)Livin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-24, 03:00)mikkeland Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

/Mikkel

How did you do this? Is there package or did you manually copy files?

Just downloaded the apk and installed through ADB
  • adb start-server
  • adb connect ip-address
  • adb install -r kodi-14.0-Helix-armeabi-v7a.apk

Fired up KODI and it made a copy of my MySQL database and moved the userdata directory from the XBMC folder to the KODI folder. Everything works :-)
(2014-12-27, 11:06)hello1893 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wrong. My TV recordings are not in HEVC format. I record movies in Germany, mostly in 1080p mode (with a VU+ receiver). Still, my AFTV - which is supposed to play these movies - doesn't do it.

Just fyi, there are no 1080p broadcasts in Germany, it's either 720p or 1080i.

Anyway. Go to System/Settings -> Video -> Acceleration and disable MediaCodec and just leave libstagefright selected. Then it should work.
@weak - You are my hero! The setting you described solved my problem (almost). All movies now seem to work perfectly.

One really strange issue though remains: When I watch soccer games (either recorded or via Live TV) the quality still isn't good. It's no longer slow-motion, but the quality just isnt't the way it is when I watch it with my Sky Receiver connected. I try to describe the issue: I see fringes around the players and a tail behind the ball. It just isn't clear as it should be. I tried to change Herz settings on my AFTV - no changes. I also tried SPMC, where it is even worse.

Any idea, what could cause that issue? Any help would be truly appreciated.
Pages: 1 2