Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange effect with LiveTV on Amazon FireTV!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I recently installed Kodi 14 on my AFTV and were really satisfied with performance and functionality. But after some playing around I found a little issue with zapping while looking LiveTV in full screen. As usual, one expect a black screen when switching to the next channel (with remote up/down) until the new picture is stable. But not with my AFTV. I get a reproducible screen like that:
Does anybody know how to suppress this strange effect?
(I wonder why the picture does not appear! Click right on the icon above and choose "open in new tab or window")
Just to mention: Same effect was with Gotham 13.2. PVR Client is "VU+ / Enigma2 Client".
Can someone at least confirm this behavior?
I use the PseudoTV Live add-on and have the same effect when changing channels in the add-on as well. It only happens on my FireTVs, not on my Apple TV or Macbook. And yes, I also had this effect on Gotham 13.1 and 13.2
Yep. Absolutely specific to AFTV, never seen that anywhere else nor do I have any idea on the cause.
Does that mean that nobody cares? AFTV is very popular and I guess that a number of users is using Kodi and Live TV on that device. I'm not a software engineer but calling a "blank screen" during program change can not be so difficult, isn't it?
(2014-12-28, 15:50)Dinos52 Wrote: [ -> ]Does that mean that nobody cares?

No, and I don't know why you would come to that conclusion based on what has been said so far. You asked for confirmation, and it has been given. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:AFTV is very popular and I guess that a number of users is using Kodi and Live TV on that device. I'm not a software engineer but calling a "blank screen" during program change can not be so difficult, isn't it?

I'm not a developer either, but these things are actually a lot more complex than it might seem from the outside. However, given that it seems specific to the AFTV, then it would be reasonable to assume that the bug is in Amazon's firmware and will be eventually fixed by Amazon. So far, Amazon has been very good about updating the firmware and those updates have fixed a number of XBMC/Kodi issues.
I also, get the black screen. For some odd reason IPTV m3us' playlist stopped loading before the helix install. I think that the black screen maybe a loading issue. Not sure though. Also, I tried to add about 10 different playlist with no success. I was thinking that it could just be the unstableness of the simplepvr add-on.
It's no black scree, it's some strange mosaic appearing during the transition between 2 videos.
IPTV is unrelated. The main provider of the M3U just shut it down.
I've made a small movie of this effect in slow motion.