Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Helix and Metropolis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2015-02-01, 23:52)MacGyver Wrote: [ -> ]Pictures are worth a thousand words. If at all possible a simple jpg made even with paint.exe makes everything clearer.

FYI: Pressing "REC" (the solid circle) on a universal remote will cause Kodi to take a snapshot. Use the "printscreen/prt sc" key or Ctrl+s if using a keyboard. The destination folder can be set under settings-pictures (I think).

i know. i was just lazy. Smile

Video setttingsImage Audio settingsImage

Edit
Another thing (which is not a bug):
The star rating for songs is now only visible in song info view, which makes it hard to see
which ones have been given a rating and which ones haven't got one.
(2015-02-01, 19:46)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but the "Video settings"
and "Audio settings" pop-ups during video playback are both without names/titles.

Fixed.
The shutdown menu doesn't respect device capabilities.
Example: on openelec there's no way to exit which is shown as option. There are ways to only show possible options
(2015-02-08, 01:19)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The shutdown menu doesn't respect device capabilities.
Example: on openelec there's no way to exit which is shown as option. There are ways to only show possible options

Fixed.
Thx Smile
Also noticed when using the new Youtube login feature, the CODE that is shown in the notification dialog is cut-off a bit at the bottom. Just a few pixels.
Can give you a screenshot if needed but it's easy to reproduce if you hit the login in the youtube addon
There's a bright white square when setting source content. This white background also stays there behind the scraper icon (which seems to have wrong AR). This doesn't really fit the skin theme.
(2015-02-08, 16:43)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Also noticed when using the new Youtube login feature, the CODE that is shown in the notification dialog is cut-off a bit at the bottom. Just a few pixels.
Can give you a screenshot if needed but it's easy to reproduce if you hit the login in the youtube addon

Hmm.. Did the YouTube plugin always use the progress dialog for this? I don't recall it being cut off the last time I checked.

The issue is that he's got a carriage return in there instead of using Line 2 for the code itself. The Metropolis progress dialog doesn't expect that.. it prints all 3 lines horizontally there, due to the way the dialog is designed.
(2015-02-08, 20:46)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]There's a bright white square when setting source content. This white background also stays there behind the scraper icon (which seems to have wrong AR). This doesn't really fit the skin theme.

Fixed.
(2015-02-09, 16:51)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-08, 16:43)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Also noticed when using the new Youtube login feature, the CODE that is shown in the notification dialog is cut-off a bit at the bottom. Just a few pixels.

Hmm.. Did the YouTube plugin always use the progress dialog for this? I don't recall it being cut off the last time I checked.

The issue is that he's got a carriage return in there instead of using Line 2 for the code itself. The Metropolis progress dialog doesn't expect that.. it prints all 3 lines horizontally there, due to the way the dialog is designed.

This is actually a change in Kodi itself that several dialogs are now textbox instead of separate lines.
Not sure when that was done though. Could have been Gotham already. If addon sends several lines we combine that to a textbox.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1548360

Also noticed that on Homescreen, selecting addons shows the XBMC puzzle pieces Smile Maybe find a new image for that.
(2015-02-09, 18:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 16:51)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]

This is actually a change in Kodi itself that several dialogs are now textbox instead of separate lines.
Not sure when that was done though. Could have been Gotham already. If addon sends several lines we combine that to a textbox.

It was in Gotham, but the 3 separate lines still work if the addon sets them.

The problem is, I'm not quite sure how to implement the progress dialog the way it is if it's just a textbox. I could abandon that style for the dialog, but I quite liked it, which is why I hadn't changed over to the textbox yet :/
it's you skin so all up to you Smile
I'm going to have to change it I guess, I just wish the 3 lines could still be there as a fallback for skins that want to split it up differently. They are still there in Kodi itself, but addons can (as you see) choose to not populate them anymore.
@Martijn (or anyone that can answer),

Is there a way to break up a textbox label into multiple strings based on some delimiter? Basically, I'm wanting to cut on [CR] to get something that resembles the old functionality. I'd really like to keep the horizontal progress dialog if possible, but I'm not really seeing a way to get the job done Sad
The profile pages need some tweaking as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8