Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange problem on Amazon Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, hope someone can help me with this annoying issue. I have XBMC on my laptop and have recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV. Long story short, watching NBC sports on the highest quality on the laptop is perfect. No buffering whatsoever, even with other family members online at the same time watching youtube, surfing the net.

On the Amazon Fire, however, it is simply unwatchable. Even when I turn the settings down to 200kbs (which is horrendous quality), the content still buffers every 30 secs, despite nobody else being online.

Why is this happening? Surely they should both work fine or both buffer.

Thanks for any help I can get on this.
No one knows, eh? It is certainly a weird one.
What does NBC Sports have to do with XBMC ?
(2014-12-26, 16:28)nightstalker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, hope someone can help me with this annoying issue. I have XBMC on my laptop and have recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV. Long story short, watching NBC sports on the highest quality on the laptop is perfect. No buffering whatsoever, even with other family members online at the same time watching youtube, surfing the net.

On the Amazon Fire, however, it is simply unwatchable. Even when I turn the settings down to 200kbs (which is horrendous quality), the content still buffers every 30 secs, despite nobody else being online.

Is this the only stream that you are experiencing problems with?
(2014-12-27, 00:13)SandmanCL Wrote: [ -> ]What does NBC Sports have to do with XBMC ?

I am watching it through XBMC and is the only way I can access it.

(2014-12-27, 03:34)TheWalkingDead Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-26, 16:28)nightstalker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, hope someone can help me with this annoying issue. I have XBMC on my laptop and have recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV. Long story short, watching NBC sports on the highest quality on the laptop is perfect. No buffering whatsoever, even with other family members online at the same time watching youtube, surfing the net.

Is this the only stream that you are experiencing problems with?

Yes. Everything else is working pretty good.
Wait, I'm confused. Kodi doesn't support illegal streaming.
We can't help you with add-ons or services for bootleg videos per our forum rules (wiki). If you are having an issue with a specific add-on then your best bet is to contact the author who made that add-on directly by searching for the add-on's support forum on google.
(2014-12-27, 22:11)TheWalkingDead Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, I'm confused. Kodi doesn't support illegal streaming.

The official NBC Sports is illegal streaming?
(2014-12-27, 22:11)TheWalkingDead Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, I'm confused. Kodi doesn't support illegal streaming.

It's an official addon -

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207159