Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV Kodi Network Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the lastest Kodi release installed on a FireTV and everything is set up and working for the most part, the only problem with it is that it seems have trouble establishing an initial connection to the home network when it starts up. A lot of the time I am having to go in to the files menu and selecting edit source and then browsing for the shared server or directory before it will start working. But once that is done everything will work fine until the next time it turned on.

I've tried setting the source for the SMB sharing PC by the IP which seemed to help a little (were times before when even browsing for source would not work), but there's still that initial connection problem. And I did think it might be a problem with the router and the wifi, but outside of Kodi that all works fine. I can load up iPlayer from the FireTV main menu and have no problems and then come back to Kodi and still have it not connecting.

So, any suggestions anyone has for fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
I have reported this same issue with previous versions but haven't gotten much traction, unfortunately. I have this problem with my two Fire TVs where I used XBMC as a launcher. The same problem goes all the way back to the original Xbox for me, when I used to run XBMC as a dashboard there.
(2014-12-27, 00:06)SandmanCL Wrote: [ -> ]I have reported this same issue with previous versions but haven't gotten much traction, unfortunately. I have this problem with my two Fire TVs where I used XBMC as a launcher. The same problem goes all the way back to the original Xbox for me, when I used to run XBMC as a dashboard there.

So, no problems when Kodi is not the launcher?