Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MODEM RESET = NAS Gone/Nightmare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, setup is: minix x8h plus, router, synology nas.

Did a modem reset (turned off and on) which normally is required once a per week for various reasons.
First time with a XMBC device connected (normally boxee box, never a drama).

When I select to play a movie from the library it says "This files no longer available would you like to remivevfrom the library".

Issue is nothing XMBC and network related works anymore, when I go to select new share I get a "connection timed out" error. The path IP is correct nothing has changed accept I turned the router /modem off/on.

You tube/google etc still work on the minix.

PS: the media centre app finds everything and works fine.

Thanks.
Check your Synology NAS to make sure it is online and has the same IP.

Setup a test XBMC / KODI install on your PC / Laptop to narrow down the possible causes.
Check particularly the IP address - if you've not got it set up with a static address then the DHCP server from your router will probably have given the NAS box a new address and hence all the links will break if they reference it that way.

It's certainly recommended to either have the NAS box set up with its own static IP address, or to reserve a given address in the router so that it is always given the same one via the DHCP server (the two methods are not quite the same, but will have the same effect of fixing the IP address from reboot to reboot). The app is probably looking for the NAS box via its name and having the DHCP server resolve that to give the relevant IP address, which will of course still be correct as the resolution will point to the new one.