Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc won't install.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I'm hoping someone can help me please. I've Jailbreak my second AT2 , but can't install XBMC on it. 3 year go I use the AH script to put XBMC on. Now it's as 123. I have tried everything from reinstall my ATV 3 time and nothing. Yes I've use nito to install a few time. I can't understand it, t's driving me crazy. I don't know what do anymore. I watch youtube video over and over for the last 3 hour. Please can someone help me Thanks you.
Thank's I'll give this a try.
Same for me I had to install using the terminal method. Nito would not install XBMC.
Helix is working ok apart from some live tv which will not work until we get a new librtmp file. The September one does not work.
Thank you
Happy New Year.
Ok so I tried HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 and nothing. Could there be somthing wrong with my ATV 2 box? I can see the it has been Jailbroken because it has the red FC. I just can't for the lift of me why Xbmc won't install. Should i be setting it back to factory setting everytime before I jailbreak it? Everything works fine when I'm jailbreaking it, no errors. And when I use Nito to try and install Xbmc the Green check mark saids it is, but once it reboot nothing there. I when to bed at 4:am and now i'm back at it again. Any ideas anyone please and thank you.
Ok here is something I just tried. I install the Nito TV on my jb ATV and use the Nito TV to install Xbmc, but When I looks at the version that I was about to install, it was older than one I have. The one I have said 12.1and say update, but the one I was about to install said 11.0 So I dont understand why there is a old one there and not the 13.1
The posted method in the link does not work.
I enter: apt-get install wget and get:
E: Type 'libcurl.4.dylib' is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nito.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

Is there any way to create a log file in PuTTY? I could try and post it here.

If I try to continue, I get a series of error messages. Kodi is also not showing up in nitoTV as of yet
Ok I've got it LOL after 10 hour I'm up and running. I've finally install the Kodi on my jb ATV2. With the help of Ned Scott who sent me the link to HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 and youtubing a few video I got it. Ned you were about 3 quarters of the way about the script and using Putty. But after line 6 you don't reboot, you hit (y) enter and (y) enter again and it will finish doing it's thing and then it will reboot it self. After watching a few videos I heard someone said to don this. So if anyone else is having this problem that's what I did and I'm now up and running with Kodi verion 14. Thanks for the help Ned much apprecite.
(2014-12-27, 23:09)Jtsens Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I've got it LOL after 10 hour I'm up and running. I've finally install the Kodi on my jb ATV2. With the help of Ned Scott who sent me the link to HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 and youtubing a few video I got it. Ned you were about 3 quarters of the way about the script and using Putty. But after line 6 you don't reboot, you hit (y) enter and (y) enter again and it will finish doing it's thing and then it will reboot it self. After watching a few videos I heard someone said to don this. So if anyone else is having this problem that's what I did and I'm now up and running with Kodi verion 14. Thanks for the help Ned much apprecite.

Hello
How is Kodi working on Appletv?
I'm considering an update from Frodo but I'm not sure if it will work fine or it will be too slow.
It's working fine for me so far. I haven't ran into any bugs yet.
(2014-12-27, 23:09)Jtsens Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I've got it LOL after 10 hour I'm up and running. I've finally install the Kodi on my jb ATV2. With the help of Ned Scott who sent me the link to HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 and youtubing a few video I got it. Ned you were about 3 quarters of the way about the script and using Putty. But after line 6 you don't reboot, you hit (y) enter and (y) enter again and it will finish doing it's thing and then it will reboot it self. After watching a few videos I heard someone said to don this. So if anyone else is having this problem that's what I did and I'm now up and running with Kodi verion 14. Thanks for the help Ned much apprecite.

Do you have that link? Can you post here or PM it to me?
i cannot even get to ssh onto my atv2 i can get into it with winscp but putty wont work,says password is wrong so i actually changed the password to my own and still wont work
hey everyone,

Trying to update to Kodi 14.0 using my ssh client. Have tried running the update codes as well as the full install codes. keep getting a strange error message.

error message is...

E: Type 'libsubstrate.0.dylib' is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list

I get this after "apt-get update" and after "apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2"

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi I have a problem. I hope you can help me.

I have an Apple TV2 and have jailbroken the box with Firecore. However, I have a problem with the installer Nito. This program does not install the new Kodi. A few days ago I could do that with Nito Installer to install but not anymore unfortunately. Is there anyway a problem with Kodi Huh

If I install the ATV Flash and kodi Apple launches the new box and it seems there is no logo.

Why is that? The commands with Putty does not work!
The Nito installer seems to be broken. I'm not sure why some people are getting an error in saurik.list, but there seems to be a bunch of people in that situation. I can't imagine that is anything XBMC/Kodi did, but I'm honestly not sure.
Pages: 1 2