Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'LOADING CHANNELS FROM CLIENTS' arrrrrgh!! Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I'm in desperate need of some help here.

Every time I turn XBMC on and go to Live TV I get the message "LOADING CHANNELS FROM CLIENTS". This takes absolutely ages and I can't watch TV for a long time until this is down loaded. Is this normal?

Does anyone know of a way of fixing this, or a way I can actually save the channels when downloaded?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Thanks,

Phil.
How many channels do you have activated?
The reason why it's taking so long is because Live TV has been down for a few weeks now and it probably won't be up and running until the new year.
(2014-12-28, 05:28)cougs100 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason why it's taking so long is because Live TV has been down for a few weeks now and it probably won't be up and running until the new year.

I assume you are talking about a specific playlist, as "Live TV" isn't a single entity that is up or down. If a playlist isn't where it should be, or the server is slow, or there are an excessive number of entries in the playlist, then these issues will pop up independently of IPTV Simple.
(2014-12-28, 05:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 05:28)cougs100 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason why it's taking so long is because Live TV has been down for a few weeks now and it probably won't be up and running until the new year.

I assume you are talking about a specific playlist, as "Live TV" isn't a single entity that is up or down. If a playlist isn't where it should be, or the server is slow, or there are an excessive number of entries in the playlist, then these issues will pop up independently of IPTV Simple.

Yeah i know Live TV is not single enity but according to the bbts site live tv for IPTV Simple client is down Smile

***MOD EDIT: REMOVED URL***
IPTV Simple Client is not "down". It cannot be up nor down. Only individual playlists can be up or down. IPTV Simple Client works just fine for me right now, because my playlist is not "down".

Also, please do not post links to bootleg video streams, per our forum rules (wiki).
(2014-12-28, 06:36)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]IPTV Simple Client is not "down". It cannot be up nor down. Only individual playlists can be up or down. IPTV Simple Client works just fine for me right now, because my playlist is not "down".

Also, please do not post links to bootleg video streams, per our forum rules (wiki).

Didn't say the client was down only the site that provides the live tv for the client is down.

And sorry about the link Smile
(2014-12-28, 01:05)Fredster Wrote: [ -> ]How many channels do you have activated?

When the channels are finally loaded there are approx. 7000! I was hoping there was some way of saving these rather than having to load them every time I turn XBMC on?

Or is this not possible?
(2014-12-28, 06:36)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]IPTV Simple Client is not "down". It cannot be up nor down. Only individual playlists can be up or down. IPTV Simple Client works just fine for me right now, because my playlist is not "down".

Hey Ned! Can I have your link by any chance?? Big Grin How many channels does yours load just out of curiosity....?
(2014-12-28, 10:19)Phil46 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ned! Can I have your link by any chance?? Big Grin How many channels does yours load just out of curiosity....?

Uh, sure...

smb://10.0.0.13/usb/Three_TB/Comcast_selective_lineup.m3u

As you can see, that is a local playlist that only exists for me on my local network. I created that playlist. That playlist contains UPnP streams from an HDHomerun Prime tuner that works with my paid Comcast cable subscription.

Just because it's possible to use IPTV Simple for bootleg streams over the internet doesn't mean that is what IPTV Simple was made for.
(2014-12-28, 15:52)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 10:19)Phil46 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ned! Can I have your link by any chance?? Big Grin How many channels does yours load just out of curiosity....?

Uh, sure...

As you can see, that is a local playlist that only exists for me on my local network. I created that playlist. That playlist contains UPnP streams from an HDHomerun Prime tuner that works with my paid Comcast cable subscription.

Just because it's possible to use IPTV Simple for bootleg streams over the internet doesn't mean that is what IPTV Simple was made for.

Thanks for that interesting last piece of info my friend. It's a good job I'm not interested in bootleg in the first place.....

I'd just like to establish a way of having this system up and running more quickly.

Could running this on WiFi slow the whole process down? Maybe Ethernet would help it work?
(2014-12-28, 17:21)Phil46 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 15:52)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]

Uh, sure...

Thanks for that interesting last piece of info my friend. It's a good job I'm not interested in bootleg in the first place.....

I'd just like to establish a way of having this system up and running more quickly.

Could running this on WiFi slow the whole process down? Maybe Ethernet would help it work?

I use wifi on my system and it works perfect with little to no buffering Smile
(2014-12-28, 10:07)Phil46 Wrote: [ -> ]When the channels are finally loaded there are approx. 7000! .....

7000 channels, so what do you expect? Eek
Why not just create a playlist of your favourite, lets say 100-200 channels and save it locally?
This avoids IPTV from downloading and parsing your monster list each time.
(2014-12-29, 03:58)vel2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 10:07)Phil46 Wrote: [ -> ]When the channels are finally loaded there are approx. 7000! .....

7000 channels, so what do you expect? Eek
Why not just create a playlist of your favourite, lets say 100-200 channels and save it locally?
This avoids IPTV from downloading and parsing your monster list each time.

How do I do that then? Sorry, I'm not that clued up on all of this. Could you give me some instructions please.

Thanks in advance.
7000... seriously?!

You must have configured IPTV Simple Client to use a playlist, usually a .m3u-file.

Open this file with notepad or any other text editor (like notepad++, f.e.) and edit it to your needs. Its structure is self-explanatory...
Pages: 1 2