Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'LOADING CHANNELS FROM CLIENTS'. Arrrrrgh Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm in desperate need of some help here.

Every time I turn XBMC on and go to Live TV I get the message "LOADING CHANNELS FROM CLIENTS". This takes absolutely ages and I can't watch TV for a long time until this is down loaded. Is this normal?

Does anyone know of a way of fixing this, or a way I can actually save the channels when downloaded?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Thanks,

Phil.
iptvsimple?
(2014-12-27, 10:44)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]iptvsimple?

Yeah that's what I'm using. Any ideas?
yeah, remove it Wink This plugin simply loads the playlist _you_ configured it to use. Depending on the size and location of that, it will take a while to parse. Some "full free TV playlists" out there have >1k of "channels", hardly any work though...
(2014-12-27, 12:24)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, remove it Wink This plugin simply loads the playlist _you_ configured it to use. Depending on the size and location of that, it will take a while to parse. Some "full free TV playlists" out there have >1k of "channels", hardly any work though...

Or right. This is becoming very complex ha!

So if I remove this altogether can you suggest the best option to replace it?

Please contact me via pm if this is a better option.

Thanks.
We can't help you (even by PM) with bootleg video services per our forum rules (wiki).
(2014-12-28, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]We can't help you (even by PM) with bootleg video services per our forum rules (wiki).

Ok I understand that, but if I want to reduce the amount of channels I am downloading can you tell me where to look for the links?

I assume there is no way of saving the channels so you don't have to download them every time it's turned on?
ofc there is, the plugin allows you to use a local file instead of an URL. Thats about as far as we'll go to help you with that.
(2014-12-28, 11:14)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]ofc there is, the plugin allows you to use a local file instead of an URL. Thats about as far as we'll go to help you with that.

I'm currently using a wifi connection. Could this be a problem for the initial download? Could an Ethernet cable work better?