Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tesco Hudl2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
New on Forums and with limited knowledge of Computers or Ipads
I wonder whether anyone can kindly tell me if I can download XBMC on the Tesco Hudl2.
I am not certain, but I believe that the operating system on the Hudl2 is Android.
I would appreciate any help you can give me; being dyslexic does not help as I am unable to go through searches.
All help really appreciated.
Thank You
Arthur
Yes you can download XBMC to the Hudl2 no problem. I've put it on quite a few at work, and with the HDMI port on the Hudl the picture quality is awesome when plugged into a TV Wink
Thanks spitfire1500 for your quick reply. Is there a tread that I can follow to successfully install. Am I right that the Hudl2 is an Android so I have to download an Android Application. Can you help tell me how you did it. Thanks
HI I don't know if you tried installing kodi yet on your hudl2 but if you haven't use the x86 android apk as the hudl2 is an Intel Atom quad core and not Arm processor.

just download the correct apk and read the install notes for android on the wiki

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Android Smile
Hi Orphan,
Thank you for your message. I will definitely take your advice and follow the tread you sent me.
Arthur
Any idea how I can sort out my volume on tv through hudl2 thanks
HI,

Just bought one of these and a Scandisk 32gb sd card.
The file manager cant see the sdcard with my movies on it though. Any ideas?

The Hudl file manager can see the card but not Kodi.

Any help would be appreciated.
(2015-06-04, 15:01)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]HI,

What is it you're trying to do?
Is it just adding a source?
It will be there it's just in a different location but I can't remember where as I'm at work right now.
(2015-06-04, 15:29)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]

It will be there it's just in a different location but I can't remember where as I'm at work right now.

Just find the files would be a start but then yeah, add it as a source.
It has 'external device' but the files arent in there and it has stuff in there which isnt on the card. Im at work at the min so trying to go from memory and wondered if anyone else had a similar problem with it. ITs a Tesco Hudl2.
(2015-06-04, 15:46)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:29)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]

It has 'external device' but the files arent in there and it has stuff in there which isnt on the card. Im at work at the min so trying to go from memory and wondered if anyone else had a similar problem with it. ITs a Tesco Hudl2.
I have a Android tablet with a memory card and Kodi installed so ill have a look when I get in.... If I don't forget like I normally do lol
(2015-06-04, 15:50)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:46)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:29)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]What is it you're trying to do?

I have a Android tablet with a memory card and Kodi installed so ill have a look when I get in.... If I don't forget like I normally do lol

Appreciate it. Cheers
(2015-06-04, 15:57)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:50)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:46)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Just find the files would be a start but then yeah, add it as a source.

Appreciate it. Cheers
Hiya just looked at mine and it's located at
Root file system/storage/sdcard1
Yours should be the same hopefully Big Grin
(2015-06-04, 20:07)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:57)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:50)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Android tablet with a memory card and Kodi installed so ill have a look when I get in.... If I don't forget like I normally do lol

Appreciate it. Cheers

Brilliant!
yes, it was. Thank you. Confused as to why it wasnt in the 'external storage' section but it dosnt really matter as long as it works.
Cheers pal.
(2015-06-05, 10:22)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 20:07)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 15:57)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate it. Cheers

Brilliant!
yes, it was. Thank you. Confused as to why it wasnt in the 'external storage' section but it dosnt really matter as long as it works.
Cheers pal.
No worries glad you found it..
So are they fast enough them huddles??
My sons tablet is playing up and been looking at getting a new one.
Apologies for dragging up old post but having same problems.
Using kodi on Hudl 2 and unable to download directly to sdcard1. Can download to device and then copy and paste over but when i set download folder to sdcard1 the downloads aren't there.
Can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Could it be glitch with file manager I'm using (ES file explorer)?
Thanks