Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android App wont connect to MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get my tablet to see my mysql database on the home server. I cant figure out what I'm missing. if anyone knows please let me know.

I have installed kodi 14.0 onto my android tablet. I copied over my "advancesetting.xml" file to the correct directory "/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ " and loaded the app. there is no information being shown. I also coped over my source.xml file and profiles.xml and i can see my list of locations in my media sections.

So what am i missing in order to have the database communicate to my tablet.
Just want to make sure your xml file name is "advancedsettings.xml" with a 'd' in the middle and an 's' at the end.

Is this MySQL connecting successfully to another client? What OS are you running on your home server?
I have copied directly from my other client that is before the update. With the old version before updating to kodi it worked just fine. I also notice that my sources file wont work.

My mysql server is on ubuntu linux. Everything worked fine before updating to kodi and now none of the custom xml files will work correctly.

All other clients that are still running xbmc not kodi works fine.
You know that the Kodi home directory is now "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi", right?
Yes I have the files in both folders just to try it.. Even kodi on my computer though is also doing the same thing.
Maybe posting a log will help. My knowledge on this subject is very limited, but perhaps someone will see something.