Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS passthrough problem after upgrade to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is my suggestion to you.

And ok you did provide a full log which is impossible to decipher anything due to amount of sheer utter crap yu have installed.

So without going into 1channel addons and such I just say this.

Stop kodi > Rename your userdata (wiki) fully, Start kodi > configure your audio > enable debug > restart kodi > play the files fritch gave you and grab resulting log and pastebinit here.

^^ those steps exactly please.
Hi, not sure if this will help you or not but I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Kodi in which my video files defaulted to the 2 channel audio track instead of the 5.1 audio track. I was able to switch to my HD 5.1 audio track on all files and they would play fine but they would just not play by default. Im not sure if you can switch your audio track while the video is playing or not, your issue could be a completely different problem. I was told this behavior changed from gotham to kodi, which is why I thought this might be the issue, however if the amp is detecting dts this may not help at all. Good Luck.
Thanx all for answers.
Aperkins: Yes, i can switch audio during play file but still no 5.1 output.
I will try to install KodiBuntu from scratch. It must help :]
Change the number of channels to 2.0 in the audio settings and leave everything else as is. Maybe that will fix the DTS problem.
(2015-01-10, 18:06)z31fanatic Wrote: [ -> ]Change the number of channels to 2.0 in the audio settings and leave everything else as is. Maybe that will fix the DTS problem.

Nothing changed - still 2 channels Sad
but
This guy describes the same problem: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168843
Looks exactly the same
uNiversal throws his hands in the air and mutters "I don't know why I bother !"
I was having the same problem after upgrading to Kodi and noticed this link http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_settings

Basically I went to System - Settings and moved down to Settings Level and changed to Expert.
Then went to Audio output, enabled passthrough, Dobly Digital (AC3) and DTS capable receiver.

When testing a Video with DTS sound track my amp automatically detected DTS.
I have similar problem. with XBMC 12.3 everything works perfect for passtrough. If I upgrade to kodi 14 or 14.1 I do not get passtrough to reciever. I wonder why

http://pastebin.com/TNHEkFkD

thanks
I have a similar, but slightly different issue. I have Kodi over HDMI to Sony TV, then TOSLINK from Sony to an older Denon receiver (setup as 2.1). Having it set to pass through, this setup (surprisingly), will pass the core DTS from my DTSHD-MA files without any issue. I have been using this with XMBC (not sure version) without issue for almost a year, but when I recently made the jump to Kodi, I noticed that I now get the "unsupported audio signal" warning on the screen, even though I am hearing the DTS perfectly. Is there a way to disable this warning screen? My audio works perfect. I've tried different things, but it seems that I can only get rid of it if I disable passthrough or remove the "DTS compatible receiver" tick. Of course, when I do that, I loose all the lovely DTS dynamic range, sub channel, etc.

Any ideas how I can get this to work keeping pass-through?
That sounds like a message being displayed by the tv as I'm not aware of any such message in Kodi, could take a photo of it?
(2015-06-05, 09:17)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like a message being displayed by the tv as I'm not aware of any such message in Kodi, could take a photo of it?

Its possible that it is the TV. I didn't think about that. Not sure why it started now. I'll do some other checking.
Same freaking issue. This sorted it for me http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215272 - note this was for the Kindle Fire, but it resolved my issues on a Windows based machine.

Mine was only not working for AAC based DTS, in audio settings change channels to 2, not 5.1. It is the encoded number of channels not the decoded 5.1 number of speakers.

Another reason to hate Kodi, now just have to fix stuttering h265 playback and a few other minor annoyances.

I really hope the setting helps you guys, I was getting close to smashing my media pc.
I think I finally solved my problem. I am sure it was a message from the Sony TV. No matter what various combination of settings I had, if I kept DTS capable receiver checked in the Pass-through settings, it said "unsupported audio" when I played DTSHD-MA or even plain DTS audio movies. After going through my collection, I realized that it didn't show the message when I played movies with AC-3/DD 5.1 movie track. So, I went in, kept DD capable receiver checked, but unchecked DTS capable receiver and problem solved. I can still play movies with DTS HD-MA audio (which I rip for my main Home Theater) and it still does some sort of pass-through to my receiver, but I don't get the "unsupported audio" now. Maybe Kodi is converting DTS to AC-3 on the fly. I'm not sure, but the sound quality is much better than if I turn off pass-through completely.
To whom it may help, I just had this same issue. I am very savvy usually but I struggled with this one. I had no issues to this this date, but today I installed Windows 10 from scratch, upgrade from Win7. I also updated Kodi to 15.0 from 15 RC1 I think.

Anyway, I couldnt get Passthrough working to my DD/DTS receiver. I knew 100% what the Kodi settings should be (I backed up my settings before wiping Windows, and restored after fresh install). I just couldnt get ANY sound out of passthrough.

I have an ASUS mobo with built-in Realtek audio. Anyway, the fix for me was to go to the windows settings audio devices, edit properties of the optical realtek device, and in the "supported formats" tab, DTS and DD was disabled by default. This was never like this on Windows 7, so it took me a while to find it. Not sure why its off by default, but I turned it on and passthrough worked. There isnt even any setting like this in the actual Realtek audio software, only in the windows audio settings.
Don't you know by now that there are no flaws in Kodi? Posting debug logs is futile.
Pages: 1 2 3