Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to connect from kodi via ssh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot figure out how to connect from Kodi to my host machine (ubunutu) music via ssh. Can anyone point me towards a how to or tell me how to do it? All I can seem to find in my searches is how to ssh into Kodi from another computer.
Files/add music/browse/add network location/secure shell
I have gotten that far but when I enter the IP of the computer, the path, and the username and password it does not connect. Am I missing something?

Ok, wow, I made a rookie mistake. I didn't use capital M when entering Music as my path. Thanks though.
Yes, logs
Also you might like to think about something more standard like smb or nfs. SSH involves a lot of overhead, with all that encryption/decryption.
I used smb but for some reason it was not importing my music correctly and when I would go to library mode most of the stuff wouldn't show up but it would on the host machine under kodi so I know it was tagged correctly. It is working great now under ssh. I am not familiar with nfs but I am reading the wiki on it now.