Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KodiBuntu - A few issues I have found.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

I did recently did a fresh install on a Lenovo ideacenter Q180. One of my older Acer boxes died and I picked this unit up on eBay for a good price.
I have to say that I'm not at all happy with the AMD graphics and I have had to resort to Software Acceleration because I cannot find a setting that works reliably with Hardware Acceleration enabled.
My older Acer Revo 1600's with the NVIDIA ION graphics were rock solid with every release of XBMC.

Let me set the stage...
I am not a Linux guy in any way. Google is my best friend for Linux related context. Buy I love the "Live" version of XBMC/KODI.
I simply prefer not to have a windows OS on my HTPC boxes.

With that said, I have a pretty elaborate setup with a Full Active Directory environment running an VMWare (DC's SQL, Exchange... The works)
All PC's / Laptops in the house are AD members. Consider it a business class setup.
I also have a QNAP NAS (AD integrated) which is where all my media resides.

Issue Number 1:

I sat down to watch a movie last night and my wife asked me how long it was.
The view I use did not show me the length so I played the movie and paused it expecting to look at the top of the screen which would have given me the duration and time info.
I could not see it. The entire bar and text was cut off the top of the screen.
I checked the video calibration and it was dead on. I am not aware of a way to move the position of this information on the screen.
Calibration only allows you to move the subtitle location.
Thoughts?

Issue Number 2:

All my media is set up and content set - Movies, TV, Music, etc.
All of it has been scanned and for the most part all the backgrounds, banners, episode data, and pics are here.
Oh... Also I do not use Library mode. I prefer File Mode. Its just easier for the household.
I did say Most...
The fist 8 or so TV shows (the top 8 in the list) will not display any banners or images. The background it pure black.
The DVD box image is blank. But episode details are there.
Everything past a specific point is fine. All the art and details are there.
I have done everything I can think of to correct this. it will not work.
I have removed the content type and deleted all library details and then re-added. No luck.
Thoughts?

Issue Number 3:

I really want to use MYSQL on my NAS as a central database.
I have KODI on 3 windows machines and it all works fine.
But I can't get it to work on the KodiBuntu boxes.
I have feeling its permissions but I have no idea how to fix it.
I can get it to connect to database, but I can't get it to connect to the share for the images.
Thoughts?

Thank you everyone

Chris
As it s a new year, i will answer you but next time please separate your issues!
N°1 check if your tv does over/underscan, then try setup xbmc calibration in the settings. Last chance would be your graphic card driver.
N°2 check library mode, it will tell you if there was an issue with scrapping your first 7 series. If yes, try to scan folder by folder.
N°3 mmm i dont really understand what you mean... and i dont know if the images are stored in the sql database or localy. All i know is that it works at home :-)
Did your try to run addon as artwork downloader?

++
Thanks bibi.

No, my TV does not have any settings for over/under scan.
As I'm not a Linux guy, I have no idea how to change the graphics driver. I kinda assumed that since I installed the latest available build that support for a 2 year old graphics card would be in there. I'm love to try upgrading it but I need a step by step tutorial.

I'll try the suggestion of library mode.

The images are not stored in the database. That I know. The database holds the details, but you need to create a shared folder that stores the images. It looks identical to the Thumbnails folder on the local box. (1, 2,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,0, a, b, c, d, e, f, Video).

I guess i'm looking for someone that that done this with a config similar to mine. A net top device running Kodibuntu accessing a NAS with MySQL shared database integration. It has to be a configuration issue having to do with permissions. I just can't figure it out.

Chris
Images are stored locally on each client.
Just an update.

I gave in and rebuilt the box from scratch again.
All my issues went away.

I still can't figure out how to configure KodiUnbuntu to use the shared folder for images.
It works fine with all my windows Clients. But Still not for Ubuntu.
All artwork is stored on the NAS in a shared folder. Thumbnail folders on my windows clients are empty.

I added the following in the Advancesettings.xml

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://10.200.0.6/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Anyone get this to work?

Chris
Bad idea in any event. Just store them locally.