Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to stream audio from XBMC/KODI to networkplayer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a Denon CEOL N9 sitting on same subnet as my Raspbmc.

Raspbmc (on RaspberryPi) is connected to TV through HDMI, so I have got digital sound on my TV. However, my TV output is only analog, so I was wondering if it is possible to stream audio via network from XBMC to my Denon N9 in order to get optimal sound this way?

(Still on XBMC Gotham, as many are having issues on updating to latest version with KODI)

Regards, Lars.
Maybe I should add, that on XBMC, I have been doing:

"Settings -> Services -> UPnP -> enable "look for remote UPnP players"

But how do I search and select output to the N9

The N9 in DNLA ver. 1.5 compliant (plus Airplai etc...).

Regards, Lars.
no support for gotham no more. anyways upnp is not an audio output protocol, it is for media sharing. as in mp3 files, not decoded pcm.
Then there are no other ways to achieve network streaming from xbmc?

Regards, Lars.
Plug your xbmc machine into your denon via hdmi, then the denon into the tv.
(2015-01-01, 21:38)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Plug your xbmc machine into your denon via hdmi, then the denon into the tv.

That would be a way to solve it... but the Denon does not have HDMI..

As I see it... streaming is the only way to get digital sound from KODI (upgraded now) to Denon HiFi.

From the Denon, I can connect and see the KODI - but I would like a way to have KODI to network stream all audio output (as well as having audio going out via HDMI)...

Anyone?

Regards, Lars.
What you want is not possible. What about Spdif?
As your Denon has a Toslink input.

This is what you need for your Raspberry Pi - Phantom YoYo PCM2704 USB DAC USB Power Fiber Optic

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-YoYo-PCM27...y+pi+spdif

This may work too, if you can confirm someone using it on the RaspBMC:
http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Advan...d_sxp_f_pt
Hi Bonne 1
I also have a Raspberry Pi an Ceol
I read in your post that you see Kodi from your Ceol
In my case, Ceol does see Kodi music server but when I enter the music library it says "empty".
do you have the same issue ?
do you have a clue on what's going on ?
thanks