Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with TV Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new to Kodi having only installed it today but I am having a few problems with TV series.
I have migrated all my movie files from MyMovies library on a home server to a new build Windows 7 PC. In brief this is a standard build Win7 Professional 64 bit PC with a 250Gb C: drive and a 2Tb D: drive to hold all the music and video files. This will not stream video as the home server does but just be a standalone HTPC hence my choice of Kodi.

I had prepared all the movie files with each movie in a separate folder using MyMovies collection management and nearly all were recognised by Kodi when I added the drive to the software.
My TV shows all reside in a single folder called TV and sub folders for each show and further subfolders for each season. Each season episode is named TVshowname Se01e01 for example:

TV/Falling Skies/Season 1/Falling Skies S01E01.mkv

When I added the library location to Kodi the scraper went on line and brought back occasional data for some movies but I kept seeing Open Season Season 1, Open Season Season2 on the progress bar. I know I didn't have the film Open Season and couldn't find it listed in the file list when Kodi had finished importing.

I have now found that the scraper has incorrectly identified two seasons of The Walking Dead as Open Season and downloaded the appropriate artwork. However it recognised Season 1 correctly ??

When I tried to change the incorrect seasons by right clicking and choosing Change Content it incorrectly recognised the content again as Gods Quiz for one season and Special Crimes Force Ten for the other. I can see no way to change this now as the option to Change content has disappeared.
1) Am I incorrect in having my TV shows in a separate folder on the same drive as the other movies?
2) How do I correct the Walking Dead metadata show the correct series?
3) How can I get Kodi to recognise and display the other 6 TV series in the folder which currently do not display on any menu?

Many thanks
Fozzie
Tv series need to be in a separate source to movies. Try reading the manual. http://kodi.wiki/
(2015-01-01, 21:27)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Tv series need to be in a separate source to movies. Try reading the manual. http://kodi.wiki/
Thanks Nickr
To be fair I did look through the Wiki and the only reference I can find is a bit about Multiple Paths being on separate hard drives which I don't have, and naming convention in the TV Naming section where it says that each TV series should be in its own folder which is what I have.
All the movie folders on the 2Tb drive are in the root of the drive. Are you saying that I need to create four (or more) folders/shares on the hard drive each named after the content e.g. Movies, TV Shows, Pictures, Music etc etc. If this is crucial to the configuration to Kodi please can you point me to the correct section as I cannot find any reference to this in the Wiki unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Fozzie
You need to stick to the naming convention. If you don't, you will get the same results as you already have.
Yes you need four sources and this essentially needs four separate directories.
(2015-01-01, 23:11)helta Wrote: [ -> ]You need to stick to the naming convention. If you don't, you will get the same results as you already have.
Thanks Helta, Unless I am missing something fundamental I have followed the TV naming convention as per the wiki and outlined in my original post. The only thing I didn't do is create a separate directory outside that of movies just a separate folder for TV Shows. This appears to be crucial in Kodi's operation but I cant find it specifically documented. Perhaps someone could point me to the right place as the Wiki is huge.
Fozzie
(2015-01-02, 00:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you need four sources and this essentially needs four separate directories.
Thanks Nickr,
I have now created four directories within the root of the drive and moved all the Movies into one and TV shows into another. It took several tries at adding the new TV directory to Kodi before it would appear on the XMB menu bar but it all seems to be working OK now with the TV scraper returning the correct results. Thanks for your help.
Not sure where the Reputation Plus button is though?