Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Forum messages listed as links to posts instead of the posts themselves?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never seen this in phpbb or mybb before, but when I click on a message I get the message, but the follow on messages are listed in a box below as links to those messages, not those messages themselves. 'Messages in this thread.'

This makes it very difficult to search for a message on a topic / problem being encountered, grep to the message that describes a similar problem - then find the solution. (e.g. Similar problem listed, scroll, scroll, scroll, next page, scroll, scroll, scroll ... someone eventually answers.)

Instead I have to click a message link, see it doesn't answer the question, scroll down to the next message link, scroll down, ...

I see 'Lite (Archive) Mode' at the bottom, which is closer to what I'm used to (and can see the value when on a mobile), but the rich gui goodness is also gone.

What strange setting in the control panel have I inadvertently got set that isn't just showing the message and all follow on messages in the thread?

Further - if I find an addon support thread, I can see that there are hundreds if not thousands of messages that follow. Is the behaviour I'm experiencing the default, set for sanity preservation of forum users? [threads by addon with all discussions munged underneath?] Is there a thread where such is discussed / explained?

Can the view behaviour I'm seeing be changed on the fly? i.e. Button/link on the pane to switch views for that moment?

TIA.
(2015-01-01, 22:34)bs27975 Wrote: [ -> ]What strange setting in the control panel have I inadvertently got set that isn't just showing the message and all follow on messages in the thread?

go to the Control Panel, hit 'Edit Options' and set 'Thread View Mode' to 'Default'.