Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help! Video playback images Oversized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Since I upgraded to helix all video playback from various addons is oversized and not fitting to the screen. I have tried playing with the settings but can't figure out what the issue is. The menus and other screens are all fitting normally into the TV screen, but as soon as a video is loaded and starts to playback it is oversized and I am missing probably 1/3 of the screen.

For example, when the title screen of the Simpsons plays, I see "The Simps" and everything else to the right is cutoff. The lower 1/3 and right 1/3 seem to be the parts that are missing.

Any help would be great, otherwise I can try switching back to Gotham...
Which addons are you talking about?
If I mention the names the thread may be closed, but Free TV Project is one.

I just found another thread in a different forum that mentioned changing the resolution output on my midnight bix, which I did from 1080 down to 720. That seems to have solved it, but my TV should support 1080 or higher, so not sure what's the problem?

Issue resolved, firmware updated on my midnight box that changed a setting to auto. I corrected it as video now works as expected.
Thank you
Well...mostly addon related problems have to be solved by the addon dev. Its ok, if you expect a working addon from kodi repos...but if they are from other (non officia) repos team kodi can't help, I suppose
Thanks David, it was multiple addons with the same issue but it was all related to the box itself, not the addons. I am a bit new to this so wasn't sure best place to start.
Happy new year
(2015-01-01, 22:47)Andor82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

Since I upgraded to helix all video playback from various addons is oversized and not fitting to the screen. I have tried playing with the settings but can't figure out what the issue is. The menus and other screens are all fitting normally into the TV screen, but as soon as a video is loaded and starts to playback it is oversized and I am missing probably 1/3 of the screen.

For example, when the title screen of the Simpsons plays, I see "The Simps" and everything else to the right is cutoff. The lower 1/3 and right 1/3 seem to be the parts that are missing.

Any help would be great, otherwise I can try switching back to Gotham...

I'm having the same issue but im using a Mygica box. Anybody else have this problem.
(2015-01-01, 23:05)Andor82 Wrote: [ -> ]If I mention the names the thread may be closed, but Free TV Project is one.

I just found another thread in a different forum that mentioned changing the resolution output on my midnight bix, which I did from 1080 down to 720. That seems to have solved it, but my TV should support 1080 or higher, so not sure what's the problem?

Issue resolved, firmware updated on my midnight box that changed a setting to auto. I corrected it as video now works as expected.
Thank you

Well i found the fix also. I changed the resolution from Auto and 1080P to 720P and that fixed the picture. But like the poster above my TV supports 1080P.
(2015-01-02, 10:16)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213108

Thanks Ned. Ill try it.