Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Addon GUI extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm writting PVR addon for IPTV service in Czech Republic (sledovanitv.cz). I've two questions for development,
1) I need to show dialog from this addon which require entering two string values (gui 'edit' control), but I haven't found how to get user entered value (no functions in library.xbmc.gui), so is it possible?
2) I need get some infolabels in this addon, but again I haven't found any function for getting its value (library.xbmc.addon ?)
Thank you for suggestions
Ok, I know python functions, but the addon is written in c++ like the other PVR addons, so is it equivalents for this available?
aw, sorry... i have no idea about c++

* ronie makes a note to pay more attention next time
Take a look at the VNSI or MythTV addons
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...ter/addons
Thank you, I've looked to other PVR plugins but I haven't found "support" for 'edit' control, does it mean that I've to implement it? - nothing problem, but I would like to eliminate to reinvent wheel :-) Same case apply to info label, pvr addons needs to register with service provider, for this I need computer MAC address and some kind of computer name (System.FriendlyName will be great), but again I don't know/find how to get these from functions available for binary PVR addon. I'm writting question here beacuse I would like to public this addon and make it work against official Kodi release.